1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Me Anything

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Funak, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

If an AI evaluates the value of a city for trading purposes, does it consider improvements inside cultural borders?
    If, and if yes how does the state of the city (in resistance, annexed, puppeted, normal) influence the value?

2. Funak

Funak Deity

Not a strategy-question. And I don't know the answer.

3. KL Daly

KL Daly Chieftain

none of my units are visible...how can i rectify that?? sorry it's not a strategy but without units, i can't really play, if i can't play, no strategy

4. Funak

Funak Deity

Okay, here's what you do. First disable all other mods you're running, in fact delete your mod-folder and cache- folder. Install the mod again from scratch, make sure that CPP is the only mod running. If the problem is still there, file a bug-report.

While you're at it, make sure your game is up to date, that you have all the necessary DLC (all of them) and that you're not on a mac.

5. KL Daly

KL Daly Chieftain

i dont have any mods, i installed this version clean

6. KL Daly

KL Daly Chieftain

it is and im not

7. kungapa

kungapa Chieftain

Does the ideology tenets adding yields for Landmarks and GP improvements (Urbanization, 5-year plan, MI-complex) work on ALL the unique improvements - will I get +3 science for each polder?

8. Charos

Charos Chieftain

The answer to all of these tech support questions (which this is not the section for, but anyway..) is going to be: delete cache + mods, reinstall, try again with only the CPP enabled. If you aren't willing to do that, we can't really help you.

9. Funak

Funak Deity

Yes, you will get +3 science for each polder (haven't actually tried that out, as I really rarely go for autocracy, but the tenets in freedom and Order that are worded the exact same way does work).
    First part of your question however seems kinda weird, neither of these tenets add yields to landmarks or GP improvements, Urbanization adds food to farms and pastures (and unique improvements like polder), 5-year plan adds production to mines (and quarries/lumbermills if I remember correctly)(and unique improvements like polder), MI-compex adds science to forts and citadels(I guess technically that's a GP improvement) (and unique improvements like polder).

It's more a case of that's the only advice I can give besides file a proper bug-report.

10. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

MIC doesn't work as intended, I reported it, but it does work for urbanisation and 5-year plan.

Something I want to know about Cult of personnality :

Does it only work on people who are fighting a common enemy WITH YOU or does it work on anybody who is fighting a common war ?

To be clear, if I declare war against 2 nations, do I get the bonus against both ? where is it displayed ?

11. kungapa

kungapa Chieftain

Yeah - just tested it as well. No science from MI, it would seem. I even played dutch for that specific reason :)

12. Funak

Funak Deity

No clue actually, from the way it is worded I would guess the number of wars doesn't matter, that as long as you share a common enemy, you receive the bonus. That being said I haven't tried it out, so I wouldn't know.

13. kungapa

kungapa Chieftain

So I found the error:

In \MODS\(2) Community Balance Patch\Balance Changes\Ideologies\Autocracy\autocracy.sql a few lines are missing.

Under

Code:
    INSERT INTO Policy_ImprovementYieldChanges
    	(PolicyType, ImprovementType, YieldType, Yield)
    VALUES
    The following should be inserted (replace what is there, to get the ";" in the right place):

Code:
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_CITADEL', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_TERRACE_FARM', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_EKI', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_KUNA', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_ENCAMPMENT_SHOSHONE', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_POLDER', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_CHATEAU', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_KASBAH', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_BRAZILWOOD_CAMP', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3),
    	('POLICY_MOBILIZATION', 'IMPROVEMENT_MOAI', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', 3);

14. Farissimo

Farissimo Chieftain

Hello Funak, still taking questions?

I want to know about your policy, when you said you go for Progress, do you go full Progress or just taking 1-2 policies?
    And what other policies you usually take, and why?

Thanks!

15. Funak

Funak Deity

I pretty much always fill out the first tree I start, sometimes I make a honor/Tradition hybrid, never done any progress 'splicing'.

16. agc28

agc28 Warlord

Does it make sense for Austria to use the Statecraft tree at all? A lot of the features (e.g. slower relationship decrease) are redundant with their UA. I am more tempted to go Tradition > Aesthetics because I think Statecraft is quite wasteful

This is immortal play by the way...

17. Funak

Funak Deity

I think it could make sense.
    Sure a few features are weaker (slower relationship decrease, higher restingpoint) but they are in no way redundant, Both restingpoint and slower relationship decrease makes it easier for you to maintain relations before you're able to make a diplomatic marriage.

A lot of other features are also a lot stronger as Austria just because of the UA, for example +1 influence per turn and extra influence from quests becomes a lot more valuable when you don't suffer from decay and you're going to get more free great people from the finisher as well as science from scholasticism because you're able to maintain more alliances.

I'm not saying that Statecraft is a no-brainer for Austria the way Aesthetics is a no-brainer for Arabia, but it certainly has its merits, especially if you're going for a diplomatic victory.

Keep in mind that I'm in no way an expert in the matter, but that's how I would analyze it.

18. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

does "Eradicate one civilisation from Earth" increase the global tech cost ?

You get a tech cost reduction for each civs you have met : does it remove it ?

19. Funak

Funak Deity

The tech cost reduction is based on techs the civ you met have researched, so that definitely stops working if you eliminate the civ.

20. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

ok thanks.