Asperger's Syndrome

I have a theory about Asperger's Sydrome. I think it's mix of genetics and lack of developing motor and social skills during early childhood. Kids who start watching tv and playing video games too early don't develop their motor skills as well as those who are more active. They also tend to be less skilled socially because they interact with machines more often than with other kids.

I didn't even have a TV when I was little...well, I did, but there were only two channels.

When I started using a computer, I was frightened of it. I was 5

Whaaaaaaaaat?

Yeah back then I guess you can say we were poor. I still remember mom calling the police (I was 7 then) because the cat brought her a mouse!

Good lord, I can't believe it! Your writing style is exactly like Chukchi Husky! Well, what you wrote above is.
She's sorry

Whaaaaaaaaat?

Yeah back then I guess you can say we were poor. I still remember mom calling the police (I was 7 then) because the cat brought her a mouse!

Calling the police over that? :lol:

I dont know what was running through her head at the time. If i was the policeman i would be pretty pissed for my time being wasted.

She's frightened of mice.

It ended up in the newspaper though!

Look at it from a bright side, at least your in Canada, people there are much saner and nicer. If you were here in the Balkans you'd get eaten alive. But maybe that's the reason I overcame my problems. I'd developed a thick skin and an attitude. The important thing in life is not to take no **** from anyone(including me).

Just live life and dont give a flying **** about artards. Use your lack of empathy to your advantage.

I didn't even have a TV when I was little...well, I did, but there were only two channels.

When I started using a computer, I was frightened of it. I was 5

It could be genetic. People with a genetic predilection to autism are more likely to develop Asperger's Sydrome than others. I'm just theorizing that the recent rise in the number of cases could be caused by too much interaction with technology in early childhood instead of being around other kids.

Look at it from a bright side, at least your in Canada, people there are much saner and nicer. If you were here in the Balkans you'd get eaten alive. But maybe that's the reason I overcame my problems. I'd developed a thick skin and an attitude. The important thing in life is not to take no **** from anyone(including me).

Just live life and dont give a flying **** about artards. Use your lack of empathy to your advantage.

Typical Balkanic attitude! :thumbsup: I partially share it too. :D

* Narrow interests YEP
* Repetitive behaviors or rituals YEP
* Peculiarities in speech and language PERHAPS
* Extensive logical/technical patterns of thought YEP
* Socially and emotionally inappropriate behavior and interpersonal interaction NOT REALLY, BUT INAPPROPRIATE HUMOUR IS MY TRADEMARK. NEVER GETS ME N TROUBLE THOUGH
* Problems with nonverbal communication NOT AT ALL
* Clumsy and uncoordinated motor movements NOPE

If I was slightly more peculiar I would probably be diagnosed with this..

* Narrow interests YEP
* Repetitive behaviors or rituals YEP
* Peculiarities in speech and language PERHAPS
* Extensive logical/technical patterns of thought YEP
* Socially and emotionally inappropriate behavior and interpersonal interaction NOT REALLY, BUT INAPPROPRIATE HUMOUR IS MY TRADEMARK. NEVER GETS ME N TROUBLE THOUGH
* Problems with nonverbal communication NOT AT ALL
* Clumsy and uncoordinated motor movements NOPE

If I was slightly more peculiar I would probably be diagnosed with this..

I dont think these definitions are clear enough.

When it says narrow interests, it means VERY NARROW interests to the EXCLUSION of other activities.

I play video games and post on cfc, thats all that gives me pleasure in life right now. I like to read history books and science books sometimes but otherwise nothing else interests me (except females :mischief: ).

One of my better friends supposedly has Asperger's. He was a national chess champion (like me), went to college when he was 14 etc... the usual Asperger high achiever, the mention of which has brought down such a harsh punishment on me previously in this thread. Really, I don't notice much, except that he is fairly rude and inappropriate in social situations and claims to hate everybody and not have any same age friends besides me. I don't like most people and I often flout social convention, too, so it's hardly extraordinary. On the other hand, one of my tennis partners also supposedly has it, and he has no friends at all, has wild emotional reactions to trivial things and is basically silent except for occasional out bursts of rage. He definitely has some type of problem, whether or not this exact term fits it.

Probably, there is some real medical condition, but the more it is publicized, the more it is diagnosed, even erroneously, like ADD.

Wait a minute, Aspergers syndrome is a form of Autism, right? And autism, as far as I know, is a disorder in the neural system. Therefore in order to be diagnosed with autism, and by extention aspergers, you have to take a brain scan or some such.

There was a slight contreversy in psychology some time back over this.

Wait a minute, Aspergers syndrome is a form of Autism, right? And autism, as far as I know, is a disorder in the neural system. Therefore in order to be diagnosed with autism, and by extention aspergers, you have to take a brain scan or some such.

I dont think they can specifically tell that way.

Hmm...

* Narrow interests YES
* Repetitive behaviors or rituals YES
* Peculiarities in speech and language MY ACCENT CHANGES QUITE A LOT. DOES THAT COUNT?
* Extensive logical/technical patterns of thought :lol: YOU KIDDING ME?
* Socially and emotionally inappropriate behavior and interpersonal interaction SOCIOPHOBIA, YES
* Problems with nonverbal communication NO
* Clumsy and uncoordinated motor movements NOT NOTICABLY

Nah, looks like I ain't an Aspie. I would probably need more 'yes' answers.