Asphinxia Province - Term Five

Almightyjosh

Governor in Waiting
Welcome citizens of Asphinxia and other lesser peoples!!

For the latest news check The Asphinxian Weekly Times
(currently there is a distibution problem, sorry!)

Asphinxia has grown from its humble beginnings to be a world leader in science, commerce, production and population. However these are only some of the things that make us great. A politically aware and active citizenry, spearheaded by some creative and hardworking mayors and officials has been the key too our sucess! I hope to lead us on into a new era of prosperity and development.

The population of Asphinxia has grown considerably and a great number of our citizens hold public offices.

Citizens of Asphinxia in Provincial Positions:
Almightyjosh - Governor, Mayor of Thebes
Eklektikos - Former Governor
Ehecatl Atzin - Mayor of Abydos, Official Historian and Scholar
Danke - Mayor of Elephantine
CivGeneral - Mayor of El Armarna
Philippe - Mayor of Byblos
Bearnstien - Mayor of Callisto
Raven1er - Head of the NAFN

Citizens of Asphinxia in National Positions:
Eklektikos - Public Defender
Ehecatl Atzin - F.A. Leader
Danke - Census
CivGeneral - Depudy Millitary Leader
Bearnstien - Running for Governor of Province #12
Raven1er - Depudy Domestic Leader

Honorary Citizens (former officials who have moved due to work)
BCLG100 - Governor of Mohawkia (key to Abydos)
Stuck_As_a_Mac - Governor of Nuova Terra (key to Arrakis)
Toasty - Governor of Kashmir (key to Memphis)

Honorary Citizens still holding Asphinxian Titles:
Stuck_As_a_Mac - Head of R+D
Toasty - Head of UPSV

Asphinxia Term 4

Asphinxian flag courtesy of our prophet Godinex THE MAD :crazyeye:

Thebes
Almightyjosh is the Mayor of Thebes
Thebes is the capital of our province and our nation's administrative and financial capital. Home of the Forbidden Palace, which extends its influence well outside our provincial borders, Thebes has long vied with Fox Nest as the greatest city in our nation and is currently #1! Thebes lies on the Nile River*, just north of Joshua Tree NP*, one of the nation's finest wilderness reserves and the home of Victory Mountain*. Thebes is also the home of the National Air Force and Navy League (NAFN).

Memphis
The former mayor of Memphis, Toasy, has become a governor, the position is open.
Memphis is the world leader in scientific research and development. It is also the largest city in the nation and #3 on the national city rankings. Memphis is also the chief habour of Asphinxia and a large amount of oil and other goods flows up the Nile and out into the bay of Massapertax*. The United Phoenatican Scholars Voice call Memphis home.

Elephantine
Danke is the dedicated Mayor of Elephantine
Elephantine is the most industrious city in the province, and will soon be even more so with the commissioning of a Nuclear Power Plant. Despite this, the citizens of Elephantine are very environment concious and the city puts out little polution. This is of great benefit to the nearby Blue Mountains NP, the first and larges NP in Phoenatica. Elephantine handles much of the administration of Enkephalonika to the south.

Abydos
The Mayor of Abydos is Ehecatl Atzin
Abydos is a vibrant city, a colourful mixing pot of ideas and cultures, as you would expect from a city hisorically influenced by five cultures. It is also a young city, while the buildings are old, the average age of the citizens of Abydos is the lowest in the country, mainly due to its large bohemian population. The Centre for Antropological Studies and anomber of other respected reserch instituions are located in Abydos.

Byblos
The Mayor of Byblos is Philippe (MIA)
Over recent years, Byblos has become a very popular tourist destination. The discovery of a large number of tombs and statues out in the desert has drawn backpackers and aceademics alike. The city is affectionately dubbed 'the City of Desert Angels' after the statues. The Centre for Antropological Studies - Egyptian Division is located here and conducts daily digs at the site. Tourists are welcome and the citizens of Byblos are very friendly. Make sure you take an armed guard if you wish to cross the bay to Scythia and New Cormyr, as barbarian pirates still prowl these waters.

El Armarna -
The Mayor of El Armana is CivGeneral
El Armana is known for its pround maritime history. One of the nation's first modern naval units was built here, the first of many. The El Amana Marine Immortals (EMI) are the only such unit in the world and carry out naval defence, re-con and search+rescue missions throughou the country. Traditionally, the Mayor personally heads this unit.

Arrakis (also known as Arrakeen)
Arrakis is the trade capital of the world. Virtually all products moving from the east of the inland sea to the west move through Arrakis. The large local supplies of fossil fuels make it a perfect waypoint for traders. The Spice Trader's Guild headquaters is located in the city's largest skyscraper.

Callisto
The Mayor of Callisto is Bearnstien
Callsito is founded on the site of an anchient monastery and preserves its link with culture, religion and education even today. The town is centred around the university and its services. Callisto also produces the most sort after gold in the world from its deep mines in the north, sparking the saying 'but its not Callisto gold' to indicate a product is inferior.

Enkephalonika
Is the newest city in Asphinxia. Originally intended to be in Scythia, Eklekitos convinced the sttlers to found thier city on the Asphinxian side of the border. Currently Enkephalonika has no Mayor and all administrative functons are carried out in Elephantine, as he city is very close to the Babylonian border and is not yet considered safe.

Mayors are encoraged to contribute any info on the history or current state of their cities.

*Names not finalised

These are the build ques for Asphinxia:
Thebes - Wealth
Memphis - Air Port, Factory
Elephantine - Nuclear Power Plant, SS part
Abydos - Mass Transit, Cathedral, Recycling Centre
Byblos - Recycling Centre, Cruise Missile*, Airport, Police Station, Wealth
El Armana - Mass Transit, Recycling Centre, Man. Plant
Arrakis - Recycling Centre, Man. Plant, Recycling Centre
Callisto - Nuclear Power Plant, Airport, Police Station
Enkephalonika - Courthouse, Cathedral, Hospital

Micromanagement:
Make sure ALL Asphinxians remain happy, not content, HAPPY!!
Please clean the pollution near El Armarna
Please make sure as few as possible of the citizens of Asphinxia are starving!

National Parks:
Please continue to observe the moritorium on development in Joshua Tree NP.
Please ascertain whether any of the workers in Blue Mountains NP are developing the land against the standards of a NP.

Millitary:
IMPORTANT!!
When the Cruise Missile has been built in Byblos, please destroy the native ship in the inland sea. This has gone beyond an asthetic concern as it now halts the growth of that city by prohibiting our workers from using that land. As governor, I must insist that this enemy unit be removed.

Almightyjosh,

A *very* nice job on describing and organizing the information on Our Fair Province. Once again you are raising the bar on the quality of Governorship in Phoenatica. Nice work!

ASSISTANT GOVERNOR WANTED

As some of you may have noticed, the proposal for depudy governors to be included in the consitution has failed (it got a simple majority, not a 2/3 majority).

As I can't appoint a depudy governor, I'm going to appoint an assistant governor instead. These are of course totally different things (yeah right). The assistant governor has several responsibilities. First, they automatically take on the governor's responsibilities should I announce a temporary absence or if I am abaent without notice for 4 days, second, they are a designated turn chat rep, so they can control the fate of Asphinxia if I am not there, third, any questions about Asphinxia may be directed to them if you can't get an answer out of me and lastly they will need to provide an e-mail adress so they can post build ques should I be unable to access the forum (which has happened a couple of times).
This position is open to all Asphinxian residents and and I will be taking nominations for 3 days. There will then be a poll of Asphinxian residents.
All of the responsibilities granted to the assistant governor are ones that a governor may delegate by decree, this is merely a consolidation of a number of established and unfilled positions. All power of the assistant governor stems from power granted to the governor by the laws of Phoenatica and the Governor has the right to remove the A.G. at any time and appoint any A.G. without citizen input (though I am VERY unlikely to do so).

Almightyjosh,

Once El Armana Has finished a Bank, I would like to request that a Mass Transit System and a Recycling Center to be built at El Armana and Rush Build the Mass Transit and Recycling Center. The Polution in this nation has gotten out of control in Phoenatica. Every little bit helps, Please see Falcon02 proposal on Reducing Pollution. Please see the requested Build Queue at
El Armana

We must control the pollution at Phoenatica before Phoenatica becomes a polluted wasteland

Originally posted by Almightyjosh
Asphinxian flag courtesy of our prophet Godinex THE MAD :crazyeye: [/B]

Give ear, O heavens, and let me speak;
And let the earth hear the words of my mouth.
Let my teaching drop as the rain,
My speech distill as the dew,
As the droplets on the fresh grass
And as the showers on the herb.

For I proclaim the name of the ONE;
Ascribe greatness to our Godness!
The Rock! His work is perfect,
For all His ways are just;
A deity of faithfulness and without injustice,
Righteous and upright is He.

They have acted corruptly toward Him,
They are not His children, because of their defect;
But are a perverse and crooked generation.

Do you thus repay the ONE,
O foolish and unwise people?
Is not He your Father who has bought you?
He has made you and established you.

Remember the days of old,
Consider the years of all generations.
Ask your father, and he will inform you,
Your elders, and they will tell you.

When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance,
When He separated the sons of man,
He set the boundaries of the peoples
According to the number of the sons of Phoenatica.

For the ONE'S portion is His people;
Godinex is the allotment of His inheritance.

I may take it, but im busy most of the time governing Istar, too..

Originally posted by Almightyjosh
ASSISTANT GOVERNOR WANTED

As some of you may have noticed, the proposal for depudy governors to be included in the consitution has failed (it got a simple majority, not a 2/3 majority).

As I can't appoint a depudy governor, I'm going to appoint an assistant governor instead. These are of course totally different things (yeah right). The assistant governor has several responsibilities. First, they automatically take on the governor's responsibilities should I announce a temporary absence or if I am abaent without notice for 4 days, second, they are a designated turn chat rep, so they can control the fate of Asphinxia if I am not there, third, any questions about Asphinxia may be directed to them if you can't get an answer out of me and lastly they will need to provide an e-mail adress so they can post build ques should I be unable to access the forum (which has happened a couple of times).
This position is open to all Asphinxian residents and and I will be taking nominations for 3 days. There will then be a poll of Asphinxian residents.
All of the responsibilities granted to the assistant governor are ones that a governor may delegate by decree, this is merely a consolidation of a number of established and unfilled positions. All power of the assistant governor stems from power granted to the governor by the laws of Phoenatica and the Governor has the right to remove the A.G. at any time and appoint any A.G. without citizen input (though I am VERY unlikely to do so).

@Almightyjosh

If you want this assistant governor to have full powers in the event of your absence you'll have to post a national poll to have them approved as an acting governor, otherwise they'll have no official status under the constitution.

Build request for Elephantine: Anything but tanks and mechs. I think we flooded the market. Hey, maybe Elephantine Motor Works can produce a "commercial" version of a mechanized infantry? Sort of like a Hummer?

Introducing the Elephantia "Behemoth" 4 tons and an attitude.

:lol:

How about wealth. Wealth is good, if we've exhausted recycling plants and other options.

@Almightyjosh

Don't know if you've seen the discussion on this in the Judiciary thread, but it's been agreed that you'd only have to post a poll once per acting governor per term. Congratulations, I think you just created Deputy Governors without a rule change. Donsig oughta be doubly chuffed :D

chuffed :goodjob:

[party]

We WON!! The cultural victory was no doubt driven by the huge culture of Asphinxia, financed by her wealth and protected by her millitary, but we'll let teveryone else celebrate too!!

Thankyou too all the loyal Asphinxians who have made governing this province a pleasure and an honour. We are known worldwide as a people proud of our heritage and proud of the province we call home.

Victory for Asphinxia!!

Top Bottom