Assassin Mod

The mod is very good but I don't like the idea of not affecting diplomatic relations when failing... it has no disadvantages then and everybody would bombard everybody else with assasins!

About picking targets: The spy has the ability to choose her mission, yet the AI uses it effectively too

This assassin mod looks very interesting... yet currently seems too powerful for the human player.

NT_Jedi said:
This assassin mod looks very interesting... yet currently seems too powerful for the human player.

Why would it be mroe powerful for the human than for the computer? The AI knows how to use them too. Assassins aren't that powerful unless you get their experience up high. They can only be built at your capital which also works to limit their influence on the game. How would you change them? Increase the cost?

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon said:
Why would it be mroe powerful for the human than for the computer? The AI knows how to use them too. Assassins aren't that powerful unless you get their experience up high. They can only be built at your capital which also works to limit their influence on the game. How would you change them? Increase the cost?

Roger Bacon
sorry for the delay... I'm at work... anyhow...

The human player would be more powerful with these units by knowing what cities to target such as the enemies capital or cities creating wonders. Since human players can use the assassins more effectively "the causing unrest" onto a city from an assassin should be more rare. I would increase the unit cost to 95.

Questions:
Also I'm wondering for maps with islands does the AI know to send these units onto boats(caravels)? (I usually play the game with islands and haven't seen any AI opponents try dropping off spies yet)

Since the assassins can see each other... if one or more are spotted within an opponents culture what are the different ways it can it be stopped?
(hope thats not a silly question)
--the reason I ask is what's to stop one human player from spamming another human players capital with assassins causing constant unrest where the other human player is unable to generate his own assassins to counter. By midgame a player could have generated a dozen or more assassins... the assassins receive +4 experience from barracks(?) and this will be the norm since all capitals build barracks which increases their survival against AI opponents.

Idea:
As technology advances I would suggest giving increased movement, increased combat or increased sight range to the assassins. The stuff they currently do to a city is enough so I wouldn't add anything here. Comparing the government assassins of today against those of 500 years ago should have some show of change. Not sure if this can be done... just a suggestion.

Hi NT_Jedi,

To answer some of your questions:
The AI usually sends the assassins to your capital.
It should know to load them into boats to reach your civ if it is on an island because it uses the same logic as ths spy.
As far as spamming solutions...
I recommend playing with my training barracks (which I suggest in the readm file). It makes it so barracks give 0 exp to a unit when it is built and give it more experience over time. That will give the edge to the defending assassin who stays in the city to defend instead of going out and doing missions. Even without that though, the defending assassin's civ will eventually get the upper hand because a defending assassin has 0% chance of dying while the attacking assassin has a substantial chance if there is a defending assassin. Also, in a game with mroe than 2 players you will leave yourself vulnerable to a third player if you send all of your assassins on missions.

Roger Bacon

Top Bottom