Atari Jaguar

Nick

Chieftain
My local EB is selling a load of old Jaguars they have picked up at about £20 a shot. Is it worth picking one up? Are there any decent games on the format?

If you are able to get Tempest 2000 for Jaguar... GET IT! AHHHH! I WANT IT TOO. Jaguar has no very spectacular abilities, but this game really rocks. If you don't buy the Jaguar, then look instead for Tempest 2000. There are versions for IBM PC, but they are not as good as the original in my opinion.

Although it was quite revolutionnary when it came out, which was normal since it was the first 64 bits based console ever released, that console did rock. Maybe it was not its fault, maybe the games programmers didn't know at that time how to get the best of its performance. But well games were even less nice than 16bit SNES or Genesis.... And i'ts quite the same thing for the Saturn and the Dreamcast. Good hardware but badly programmed, compared to PSX games. Nevertheless I admit I don't like consoles so... But well at least you can get a collector console. Who knows, within 20 years, it would sell as much as a Picasso or a Van Gogh ;)

Couldn't get Tempest 2000 so didn't bother. They did have a selection of about 15 different games though. Don't think they've sold too many since I was in last week. They also had Atari Lynxes but I didn't see any games which I recognized as classics there either.

Top Bottom