1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

attacking

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by karljv, Apr 27, 2006.

1. karljv

karljv Chieftain

can somebody tell me how to attack a city if itõs in the middle of the game square(like heroes battle grid)... So the problem is i can move my men around the city but i cannot attack it plz help!

2. Dark Gallon

Dark Gallon Chieftain

Try using the numeric number pad:

4 and 6 are left and right; 7, 9, 1 and 3 "diagonals"; 8 and 2 to go up or down.

3. TimTheEnchanter

TimTheEnchanter I...am...an Enchanter!

If you don't have a numeric keypad (laptop, etc) the Home, End, Page up, and Page down keys will similarly move on a diagonal.

4. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

Or click your unit and hold and drop it on the city!

5. Ren

Ren Communist Nazi

or if you hold the mouse button down on a square, it'll change to a "go" cursor. Let go and the active unit will move there (beware it can sometimes take the long way around the map. I have a feeling this occurance has something to do with the (0,y) line on the grid.)

6. ElephantU

ElephantU Deity

Karl, in this game you "move onto" the square which you want to attack, whether it holds units or a city. You cannot attack your own cities or those of your allies, and some units like Settlers and Transports cannot attack anything. You cannot "shell from afar" like in other games.

BTW, welcome to CivFanatics!