attacking

karljv

Chieftain
can somebody tell me how to attack a city if itõs in the middle of the game square(like heroes battle grid)... So the problem is i can move my men around the city but i cannot attack it plz help!

Try using the numeric number pad:

4 and 6 are left and right; 7, 9, 1 and 3 "diagonals"; 8 and 2 to go up or down.

Dark Gallon said:
Try using the numeric number pad:

4 and 6 are left and right; 7, 9, 1 and 3 "diagonals"; 8 and 2 to go up or down.
If you don't have a numeric keypad (laptop, etc) the Home, End, Page up, and Page down keys will similarly move on a diagonal.

or if you hold the mouse button down on a square, it'll change to a "go" cursor. Let go and the active unit will move there (beware it can sometimes take the long way around the map. I have a feeling this occurance has something to do with the (0,y) line on the grid.)

Karl, in this game you "move onto" the square which you want to attack, whether it holds units or a city. You cannot attack your own cities or those of your allies, and some units like Settlers and Transports cannot attack anything. You cannot "shell from afar" like in other games.

BTW, welcome to CivFanatics!

Top Bottom