Babylon Deity

Ed Hesse

Chieftain
How I keep the AI from attacking me as I go for a religion, Temple of Artemis and a golden age. Pantheon saves me.

Keep your army value around at least at a third of the AIs score. You can go a bit lighter on peaceful civs that are far away, and go heavier on aggressive civs that are close by. But a third of their army value will usually deter the AI. And if they do attack, you should usually be fine if you are around their tech level (warriors) and fortify on key positions.

Getting wonders such as Artemis is not recommended early on if you don't know what you're doing. Play it safe, expand and maintain a deterrent force behind it.

Keep your army value around at least at a third of the AIs score. You can go a bit lighter on peaceful civs that are far away, and go heavier on aggressive civs that are close by. But a third of their army value will usually deter the AI. And if they do attack, you should usually be fine if you are around their tech level (warriors) and fortify on key positions.

Getting wonders such as Artemis is not recommended early on if you don't know what you're doing. Play it safe, expand and maintain a deterrent force behind it.
Good advise, we shall see if building the wonders pays off or makes me pay

Babylon Deity Challenge video #2 Arabia declares war on a city state but as suzerain I intervene and cause Arabia to lose a city to Buenos Aires !?!

Babylon can get to crossbows much faster than anyone else (build three slingers, find some gold). Then it’s just a question of whether you want to take over the world, because you have to screw up pretty badly after that to ever be threatened again.

Babylon can get to crossbows much faster than anyone else (build three slingers, find some gold). Then it’s just a question of whether you want to take over the world, because you have to screw up pretty badly after that to ever be threatened again.
The most winnable way is to go for Spec Ops which is possible by eurekas all the way.

The most winnable way is to go for Spec Ops which is possible by eurekas all the way.
It doesn't really matter what way you go as Babylon if you're gonna cheese military tech, spec ops is just as viable as a crossbow rush, just with a different timing. Crossbows hit much sooner and require no luck, whereas spec ops are stronger but hit later (and require you to hit oil and niter, making it less consistent).

Personally I like the man at arms rush for the fast timing and ease of setup (about as fast as crossbows if you hit iron, but less intense on the gold upgrades since you only need one), or if I really want to play the most absurd game possible, biplanes.

Either way the whole civ is broken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom