Babylon SG

Nice Job. But you attach the wrong save :).
Keshik is Archery Unit so 100% bonus from Pikeman don't count.
But we are not yet doomed.

lurker's comment:

judging by the last screenshot, you are 6 turns away from a golden age
perhaps you shouldn't grow any cities in the meantime... (namely Akkad)

good luck

IHT-
Looks bad atm
Change production in all cities to :c5gold:
Babylon xbow
Tech Physics > GP
Hated to do but fired off a GA with our GG getting us +11gpt

Turn 148-
bombard and kill a few units
Bank policy for Rationialism

Turn 149-
Khan DoW on Darius
Kill Khan's GG

Turn 150-
Khan offers peace..decline

Meet Isabella

Trade with Darius

Rushbuy colosseum in Nippur

Turn 151-
Babylon xbow > duct

Turn 152-
Izzy DoW on Darius

Turn 154-
Babylon duct > xbow
Dur uni > market

Turn 156-
GA has dawned
Akkad xbow > market

Turn 158-
more unit killing

passing on, we're in a GA

Attachments

• Cripp_0158 AD-0960.Civ5Save
    928.3 KB · Views: 259
Nice one.
After this we had a hope in defending.
Because you killed GG(Khan) Genghis's Keshiks and other units will don't have 20% bonus from GG.:goodjob:

Turn 158:
Made peace with Florence and Venice.
Some of the units have already moved, so not much to do. Can't believe Dur and Nippur are still not connected to our capital, while workers doing unimportant stuff.

AI turn:
Our wounded Bowman next to Turfan was killed. Keshik moved out of the city to that spot.
Khan and Darius made peace.

Turn 159:
Killed the Keshik with two Crossbowmen. Trying to move wounded Chariot Archer out of city attack zone.

AI turn:
Khan offers peace and I accept. We got:
150 gold
5 gpt
Lux Gold and Cotton
6 Horses
Open Borders

Turn 160:
Nothing much. Upgraded one Bowman to Crossbowman.

Turn 161:
Great Scientist was born.

Turn 162:
Babylon Trebuchet -> Market
Nippur University -> Work boat (for the newly acquired Fish)
Nippur connected to Babylon.

Turn 163:
Teched Gunpowder. Got tempted to use up our 3 GS to bulb Chemistry, Metalurgy, Rifling.
But I think it would be better to tech Chemistry and Metalurgy and then bulb Fertilizer, Rifling and Dynamite all in one go and get Artillery way before anybody else and spam Artillery for a killer army. Its Indirect Fire will do miracles in this heavy forested/hills terrain, plus England would lose some of its advantage with Longbowmen by us having a unit with equal range but way more firepower.

Turn 164:
Dur connected to Babylon.

Turn 165:
Chariot Archer upgraded to Knight.
Akkad Market -> Stone Works
Forgot to adopt Rationalism in turn 163 so did it now. Didn't lose anything because we don't have any RAs. Which reminds me: we're not using our Porcelain Tower and Rationalism. We should sign RAs. We did sign two but they got interrupted. We need to explore and find other civs.

AI turn:
England offer peace for peace and I accept.

Turn 166:
Golden age ends. We're at +25 gpt which is good.
Babylon Market -> Circus Maximus

Turn 167:
zzzzz...

Turn 168:
Dur Market -> Stone Works ( for +2 :c5production: and +1 :c5happy: )

That's it.
I've positioned the units for attack on Turfan if you choose to do so when the peace treaty is over. At least this city can easily be taken out. For the rest I'm not sure. A lot will change in 16 turns when we bulb Dynamite and produce/buy Artilleries. We should take advantage of that.
After Dynamite we should research Astronomy and build a Caravel or two to quickly explore the world.

Attachments

• dukester-Neb0169 AD-1090.Civ5Save
    949.4 KB · Views: 260
Turn:170 Nothing
Turn:171
Spoiler :

That is status on Khan's borders.
Turn:172: DoW on Genghis Khan.
Spoiler :

Turn:173 Turfan is taked
Spoiler :

Nothing Special until turn:
Turn:179 Beshbalik taken. also i lose 1 Xbow :(
Spoiler :

Turn:180 I have little trade with Izzy.
Spoiler :

Demographics:
Spoiler :

Good Luck ShahJahanII and i think we should take Karakorum next. I prepare our units for that.
That is all i can say o and I building Oxford in Babylon stop production in 1 turn to build it.

Attachments

• Artingel78_0180 AD-1200.Civ5Save
    968.1 KB · Views: 254
Delurk

Turn 158:
Turn 163:
Teched Gunpowder. Got tempted to use up our 3 GS to bulb Chemistry, Metalurgy, Rifling.
But I think it would be better to tech Chemistry and Metalurgy and then bulb Fertilizer, Rifling and Dynamite all in one go and get Artillery way before anybody else and spam Artillery for a killer army. Its Indirect Fire will do miracles in this heavy forested/hills terrain, plus England would lose some of its advantage with Longbowmen by us having a unit with equal range but way more firepower.

You need to fill out the tech tree up to and including Military Tradition[?] to get Dynamite. Not sure what tech you've already got but getting rifles ASAP would be a major boon.
Relurk

Delurk

You need to fill out the tech tree up to and including Military Tradition[?] to get Dynamite. Not sure what tech you've already got but getting rifles ASAP would be a major boon.
Relurk

Yeah, totally forgot about that. Anyway, I still think we shouldn't waste GS on Chemistry and Metalurgy (11 turns each), and when we do research them, use one GS to bulb Rifling immediately. Then switch research focus to middle and top part of the tech tree.

BTW, Artingel, nice warring.

Yeah Dynamite is very important for Wars and because we planned to dominate on our Continent we should research it.O and i think we had a very good potential for Science victory so we need to research Scientific Theory because of Public School and that is way for military science.Then we bulb Fertilizer and Dynamite and save one Great Scientist for bulbing nanotech and if we get more Great scientist bulb one tech before nano and of course we need to bulb Satelites or/and rocketry.

Turn180: We sign a research agreement with Elizabeth and I start building a knight in
Babylon. I will start Oxford University in Babylon when Beshbalik is razed.
Spoiler :

Turn181: The unit layout by turn end
Spoiler :

Turn184: We take Karakorum, the Mongol capital
Spoiler :

Turn185: We meet Siam and get a good deal with him
Spoiler :

Turn186: We sign a research agreement with Spain
Spoiler :

Turn190: Demographics
Spoiler :

Good luck cripp7.
Remember to build a courthouse in Karakorum, then a university, then build the Oxford University in Babylon.
Also, I apologize for that badly positioned crossbowman near the Mongol city.

Attachments

• ShahJahanTurnset5.Civ5Save
    981.6 KB · Views: 250
I think we not build Oxford because we need to save him for a rocketry or Satelites.

I think we not build Oxford because we need to save him for a rocketry or Satelites.

Is it a national or world wonder?
If it is a world wonder like I think it is, someone else will build it before us.
We can stall it for a little while, no problem, but waiting as long as you say will cause us to lose the bonus all together.

IHT-
Research continues with Rifling (6)
Switch Karakorum to courthouse
Trade Elizabeth
-290:c5gold: > Marble, horse (5), OB

Take peace with Khan for 10 turns
hit enter

Turn 191-
move a few units towards New Sarai

Turn 192-
Meet Budapest
Babylon Walls > Barracks