Back to Civ 5 modding

Ninakoru

A deity on Emperor
Hi Everyone,

I'm possibly back to Civ 5 modding. I'll back to work with the Smart AI mod, but this time I want to be a bit more in touch with other active Civ 5 modders. Last time I did my improvements totally isolated from the community, as a result I had to rework the code in order to be merged into other mods.

Also would be nice if some of my future work is also applied in the community patch, I think is a great proyect and want to aid a bit too. My plan of action would be to try new enhancements on my Smart AI mod and if I'm happy with the results, be able to propose those changes, even do a branch and apply them into the community patch proyect.

Here's a little background of myself:
--------------------------------------

- Spanish guy, architect and programmer on MS.NET platforms mainly using C#. My main course of action were on web-based applications.
- My english is far from fluent, I apology beforehand if my sentences seem a bit cluncky many times.
- My C++ knowledge is very limited, I'm more used to either managed code or processor programming, but I'm interested in get some programming skills with C (C++).
- I absolutely love to make modding to get things the way I think they're correct.

Some requests
--------------

- I read some time ago many of my Smart AI changes could be adapted successfully but some of them doesn't work properly, could I get a detailed feedback of what doesn't work?

- There's any resource center for Civ 5 modders with updated information?

- Any other usual way to contact other modders aside this forum?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

That's great news ! Loved your work on Smart AI, and was glad to see Gazebo adapt and enhance it.

Sadly, I think that civ modding lacks coherent, updated information/documentation. I had a hard time getting into it -the workspace tools installation and configuration took already took me several hours- and I'm not really a beginner.

I may be a good idea to enhance and update the wiki dedicated to that.

This forum is quite active however, and Gazebo and the others here are particulary active and helpful.

Awesome to hear that! I really hope that something comes out of this - while Gazebo does a great job, having more "community" in the community patch certainly will not hurt. Especially with something like the AI! :goodjob:

Top Bottom