Balance and General FUN Discusssion

Thanks TAfirehawk, any comment on the drill sergeant or the "Yearn to Join the Motherland" issue?

I've tried to log these into your bugtracker, but the site freezes up when I try to recover my password :)

When I have info, I always post it....

The Bug Report site isn't locked up, it just takes 5+ minutes to think :crazyeye:

When I have info, I always post it....

The Bug Report site isn't locked up, it just takes 5+ minutes to think :crazyeye:

And this is the site you keep pushing us to post bug reports in? ;)

I still haven't received my registration confirmation email so I can't see if you are doing anything with respect to the Pitboss problem.

Bernout

And this is the site you keep pushing us to post bug reports in? ;)

I still haven't received my registration confirmation email so I can't see if you are doing anything with respect to the Pitboss problem.

Bernout

You should experience the frustration when we have multiple bug reports to post :) -- Many times it takes longer to post the bug report than it does to fix the problem -- but, flawed though it may be, this is the system and that is where we go to look for problem areas - just bear with the slow upload time and eventually all bugs that can be fixed will be -- thanks :)

Well when reporting bugs, just click submit and then go to another link if not uploading a file...don't wait :lol:

i would be really interested to know, how many of your great persons are prophets/scientists/artist/...?
in every single game i play i get about 60% or more prophets, maybe 10% engineers and 5% each of scientist, artist merchant and statesman. i'd be really lucky to get more than one great doctor.

i'm not sure wheter that's a visa balance-issue - it might be rooted in civ itself, as i got vastly more prophets in vanilla/warlords as well - or it might even be down to my own personal playing-style? how does it work out for you?

PS: pacing: i realise that you only playtest & optimize up to noble - just wanted to let you know, that the pacing in the 2500-turn games really is off (not just a fluke in the earlier monarch game. currently playing deity with modern armors in 300 AD. not just me - the AI as well)

i would be really interested to know, how many of your great persons are prophets/scientists/artist/...?
in every single game i play i get about 60% or more prophets, maybe 10% engineers and 5% each of scientist, artist merchant and statesman. i'd be really lucky to get more than one great doctor.

i'm not sure wheter that's a visa balance-issue - it might be rooted in civ itself, as i got vastly more prophets in vanilla/warlords as well - or it might even be down to my own personal playing-style? how does it work out for you?

PS: pacing: i realise that you only playtest & optimize up to noble - just wanted to let you know, that the pacing in the 2500-turn games really is off (not just a fluke in the earlier monarch game. currently playing deity with modern armors in 300 AD. not just me - the AI as well)

It all depends the wonders you build....I often see all types, especially Statesman now. And Doctors can be gotten from combat, if not in V3.00 it is in V3.10 ;)

I have just put on our test site the total rework of all game speeds except Normal....Grand has seen the biggest change and should be 'fixed' with v3.10.

This sounds (very much) to me like a play style issue; my own play style leans heavily towards production of Great Scientists - frequently more than four before the BC/AD flip. But as Thunderfall says, it's all dependent on the buildings/wonders/civics you use; when I choose to go another route, it'll be Great Prophets I produce in abundance, or Great Engineers (especially in a game where I go the Great Wall/Pyramids route). I don't often produce many Great Artists (though I'll almost always get the one for Music) or Merchants (likewise for the bonus one from tech - gotta love the science boost from Academies in my best three or four science cities, plus resident Great Scientists!), and almost never Doctors or Statesmen, but I suspect I could alter my style to get those instead.

Actually I just got a Great DOC from early midgame combat (in v3.00) and it was great timing! It would be nice if they were a little easier to get since my favorite GP but rare to get more than one in a whole game for me. The predominate GP for me seems to really vary depending on which wonders I get in which cities that I can actually focus on GP creation. I have had games with lots of Merchants or Prophets, but still seem to vary a lot for me.

Actually I just got a Great DOC from early midgame combat (in v3.00) and it was great timing! It would be nice if they were a little easier to get since my favorite GP but rare to get more than one in a whole game for me. The predominate GP for me seems to really vary depending on which wonders I get in which cities that I can actually focus on GP creation. I have had games with lots of Merchants or Prophets, but still seem to vary a lot for me.

Makes perfect sense....each wonder gives a specific type of GP point(s)....

For example, Stonehenge is ALWAYS +Prophets.

Just gotta say again that I like this mod very much, so thanks yet again for it!

I'm curious as to the opening music. I dig it and it seems familar. And it has a certain kind of sound to it that makes me think of a 1950s or early 60s movie score. Or maybee a TV program from that era? Where is it from?

LoL well I like it and I think I will add it to the music queue for the modern age. And for a time I liked the Thunderbirds as well hehe. I finally got to watch it recently when it was rebroadcasted on G4, but I gave up on it after being annoyed by a bunch of trivia data scrolling across the bottem of the screen.

well guys...
i got a new opening music for the coming patch - the theme is perfect to my opinion,
but we are still considering which it will be -

the theme i use now - and again in my idea is awesome and sets well with the opening picture of the ships is:

the theme from die hard 3 - its awessssomeee!!!!

btw - i chose the thunderbirds then....at first it was nice :(

Both the picture and the theme song don't fit this nice mod IMNSHO. They'd be perfect for a mod centered on WW2 or even Vietnam. But IIRC ViSa goes from 4000 BC till 2300? AD. Not from 1940-1960.

I can't think of ANY song that spans the time frame of 4000BC to 2100AD, although I admit my knowledge of songs from 4000BC is somewhat limited....

Alondin the Smartass

I can't think of ANY song that spans the time frame of 4000BC to 2100AD, although I admit my knowledge of songs from 4000BC is somewhat limited....

Alondin the Smartass

Exactly....I suppose if the music is that bad then delete the file or stop playing the mod.

because the time period is so epic Ild suggest having epic music, beathoven or some over classic playing, O Fortuna springs to mind.

Top Bottom