Barbarian spawn rate

zeta

Mod Addict
Hey,

What do you think about barbarian spawn rates? I think it's too high, they literally spawn something like every 5-6 turns near camps or in the wilds. Scouts and units die and frustration is high. I understand that you kinda have to be tactical about them, but I would love the same barb rates as in vanilla (or a bit higher).

I'd like to know what the actual spawn-rate is, as I think I've seen a camp spawn 2 units within 3 turns.

I personnally play only with raging barbarians, and I think there are not enough of them, so I'm curious about the rate with and without "raging".

There are just enough barbarians, lower would be free xp and easy kills.

But isn't that their idea? They slower your progress a bit, but should also be relatively easy to deal with. They are the resource of XP for your units.

Their idea is they should be a major pain in the ass up until medieval era. I don't think chinese would've bothered with The Great Wall if barbarians were just a minor hassle.

I play on deity with raging barbs. I haven't personally found them to be 'too much'. In fact, they seem really bloodthirsty in this mod. Like, they will chase me down for a LONG time or until other circumstances happen. In Vanilla, you could just move a tile away and camp all day long.

I play on deity with raging barbs. I haven't personally found them to be 'too much'. In fact, they seem really bloodthirsty in this mod. Like, they will chase me down for a LONG time or until other circumstances happen. In Vanilla, you could just move a tile away and camp all day long.

That I can agree with, They just don't quit, ever.

I think barbarian spawns and strength is perfect right now. Sometimes stronger than others, on average something to be concerned with but not center stage.

Top Bottom