Barbarians rule earth

Rhye, sorry to be such a bore, but it´s "Independent". :)

Sometimes native languaje can get in the way. ;)

yeah it does, and to think that -if I'm not wrong- in Latin is "dependo" too.

Hello,

i just started a game as Arabs and I have to agree to the previous posts.

The Whole Fertile Crescent is empty. Not conquered, but EMPTY. Everywhere I look I just see city ruins of former Babel, Niniveh, Hattusa, Ur and all Persian cities north and south and west of Parsa. Not only the cities are razed but also all the infrastructure, not a single farm, cottage, mine or road survived the massacre ...

In my desperation to spread my faith to anybody still alive I declared war on Egypt which had 4 cities alltogether according to the Diplomacy Screen.

My troops advanced to Niwt.... (Memphis) and we had some fighting. Next turn Niwt.. was taken over by Barbarians . In the same turn Per... (Alexandria) felt to Barbarians. 3 turns later the whole Egyptian Civ collapsed ...
Now already for 300 years I am fighting with Barbarians over the control of Egypt and still Camel Archers and Horse Archers are pouring in ..

This is fine so far and is simulating the long unification process of my Arabian Empire against local lords, but the completely slaugthered Mesopotamia, Hattia , Assyria and Persia is hurting me.

Suggestion :

Please let the Barbarians raze only cities up to size 2. Anything else please let them keep it, so that we later can rebuilt these lands with some foundation...

i am using 1.24 and the Middle East was still empy and no other civ in sight, so who was the Big Butcher ??

Besides I have another question :

When I started the civs of Persia and Greece were already wiped out.

So now they do not appear on my dead civ list, but only civs who have gone after my entry are listed. So will Greece and Persia now ever respawn ???

I noticed when i played as japanese on monarch the chinese got destroyed by barbarians but on emperor china becomes a super power in every game. I have never seen another civ become completeley conquered by barbs on emperor

Rod, afaik the list is purely cosmetic - the civs are still in the game (albeit dead for the moment), you just never met them so you never got to see their score.

hello,

do civilization respawn in other than my territory ? So will the Arabs revolt against the persians , if Cyrus conquered them before ?

And more, are there any revolts now anymore after the changings (needs unhappiness or unhealthiness) ?

Civilizations can revive any where in the world. They don't necesarily need to be conquered by you. As to the factors regarding which cities revolt: I'm not quite sure but there may be a cap against cities of a certain size.

Or certain cultural level...

Rod said:
i am using 1.24 and the Middle East was still empy and no other civ in sight, so who was the Big Butcher ??

Could have been Rome. I doubt it was Egypt and I doubt even more that barbarians razed everything.

Top Bottom