Barbarians unique unit

UU (btw what does UU stand for?) = refugees. The refugees can go in your city and destroy your culture. As they bring another culture with them.

related items:
splitting relions (catholic and protestanism)
decrease of culture border
unhappy faces
If you kill refugees AI's will get furious on you

Next they let loose on the Visigoths, under Athanaric on the Dniester River, and forced them to flee into the Roman Empire. This event marked the first time a peoples had ever been forced into mass migration. It is also, more important to note, signified the beginning of a barbarian presence in the Roman Empire that would eventually not be so much assimilated, as it would dominate.

From the link Vinstafresh gave us. post 19

drjones said:
Simple, privateer. The only naval UU, in between galleon and frigate in strength with more moves and cheap as hell to build. Should give more motivation to clean out those pesky natives.

Great idea!

I loved the privateer, I really miss it. This way we could have... Pirates!

I think barbarian tribes shouldn't all be on the same "team". They should be able to produce settlers and go to war between each other. They should also get a bonus when producing certain units like melee or archers to make it cheaper for them to go to war...

To counterbalance this you could buy them off (from attacking you) for a certain number of turns with gold or ressources but they would demand more and more until you just couldn't afford it anymore!

Or,

How about a modern era barbarian unit like a free spy every 10 turns or so. Call it a "terrorist"...

Terrorists should also appear randomly, even in known terrain, after every nation has discovered the tech for them...

Barbarian Chieftans
Haha cheiftans were sweet cash in civ1 :D bring them back!!

I think it would be really cool if the Barbs had a bigger role in Civ4... chieftains, UUs, something... I think Privateers would be awesome, but probably come too late in the game when there aren't many barbs left.

The pillager unit. Can pillage right after moving. That way you have to destroy them before they enter you city radius.

chewbaccad said:
I think it would be really cool if the Barbs had a bigger role in Civ4... chieftains, UUs, something... I think Privateers would be awesome, but probably come too late in the game when there aren't many barbs left.
That's left for the first add-on: "Civilization 4 - Barbarians Ahoy!" (which will also bring the return of the privateer unit)

:D

np: A. Greenman - Discoethique (Microsolutions To Megaproblems)

Marquez said:
I would definitely be in favor of putting the barbarian leader back in. I thought it was kind of funny chasing him all over the screen after you had killed his support units.

While this is going on the game music should change to the Benny Hill Show closing theme, "Yakety Sax."

Top Bottom