Barbarians unique unit

spiceant

Warlord
the barbarians are becoming more of a civ with each sequel and now that they can geneate great people construct wonders and even finish the space race is it not only logical that barbarians get their own unique unit as they are the only civ without one.

I think barbarians are troublesome enough without having some supped-up axemen coming at you.

interesting idea... maybe a "horde" unit, say weaker but costs less shields to produce

Barbarian Chieftans from Civ 2 anyone???

The Barbarian Chieftan/Warlord:

Attack 5 + 50% against melee
Causes collateral damage. (That way when you see him marching on your city you get a little shaken up).

When you capture/kill him you get some reward, like 50g.

a great idea - and since axemen barbarians are already fairly disturbing then they get a wild axeface uu ...

If you can get a hold of my Salt Civ3 Units mod v0.2, the barbarians have all sorts of orphaned units. In version 0.3 I changed it so only a playable barbarian leader has them (and he has a lot).

I would recommend the classic 80s cartoon character, "Captain Caveman" as the barb's unique unit. It goes on a spin and then attack. =)

Simple, privateer. The only naval UU, in between galleon and frigate in strength with more moves and cheap as hell to build. Should give more motivation to clean out those pesky natives.

Finite Monkey said:
Barbarian Chieftans from Civ 2 anyone???

The Barbarian Chieftan/Warlord:

Attack 5 + 50% against melee
Causes collateral damage. (That way when you see him marching on your city you get a little shaken up).

When you capture/kill him you get some reward, like 50g.

sweet!!

but instead, how bout of 5 attack, make him 3 attack, with + 200% vs cities w/collateral damage and a bigger bonus

this means that, like the original warlord, he is a sitting duck without his bodygaurds/defending axmemen, but, with them, and marching on your city, you have little hope of just sitting it out with archers

I would definitely be in favor of putting the barbarian leader back in. I thought it was kind of funny chasing him all over the screen after you had killed his support units. Who knows, he may lead you back to some barb city you didn't know about. Instead of a ransoming him you could choose to kill him instead. This could maybe cause barb activity to slow for a while as their leader is gone. On the other hand you could ransom him back and get a nice chunk of change. It might add a little dimension to the game in it's early stages when there isn't all that much to oversee.

Since barbs represents totally different minor civs, it is not very logical to give them a common UU. That would be almost like giving them a leaderface and diplomacy options

i´d agree to give them a berserker unit or a horde bonus... What about including between the barbarian citi names such as Mordor :p

all I have to say is...

Damn barbarians.

They always seem to cause me so much trouble early in the game.

UU: Horse archer with collateral damage (like the Huns)

I loved the revolutions within civs, barbarian cities of 17. I think barbarians should have a bigger role as being 'uncivilized' within the game of 'civilization', primarily focussed on military. Diplomacy with barbarians would be pretty cool (http://www.glilli.com/at.htm) or even playing a barb 'civ' where military techs are the only techs possible (and 50% cheaper) to research. Other techs can be traded (or stolen). Can't produce workers (must enslave civ's workers) and settlers are 100% more expensive.

Sorry for getting carried away there for a moment :mischief:

Barbarians already have a Star Trek style transporter (thats how they beam all those units directly around your cities) they don't need a unique unit...

Top Bottom