Barbarossa update: Play as the Germans against a strong Soviet AI

Nice to see a harder difficulty made of this scenario I enjoyed greatly back in day (especially when I played against my friend). So I am guessing by the pic that you limited armies to one per army or something like that? So I guess the computer ai might finally use their armies (load it with one).

I am guessing by the pic that you limited armies to one per army or something like that? So I guess the computer ai might finally use their armies (load it with one).

Armies have a +2 hit point bonus, but like you suspected they can only hold one unit. The AI is still too dumb to use Armies, but at least the AI is no longer afraid to attack cities and/or unit stack containing an Army. This eliminates one of the major advantages of the Player vs. the AI in vanilla Civ3 conquests.

Besides the +2 HP advantage, the unit in the Army gets an extra move, has radar, can blitz, and heals more quickly, so Armies are still very worthwhile in this Scenario.

Can u rewrite this map, cept other way around?
(Soviet vs strong German AI)

If you want to play as the Soviets, I suggest playing the original Barbarossa mod by Sarevok and Rocoteh, and setting the game to a hard difficulty level so the AI will receive production bonuses. That's the simplest approach.

The other approach would be to design your own mod, and trust me, that is a LOT of work. To create your own spin on Barbarossa, first send a PM to Rocoteh asking his permission to "mod his mod". Then you can make your changes off the foundation of the original Barbarossa mod, which will make things somewhat easier than starting from scratch.

Top Bottom