Ghiaman1334

Chieftain
Soooo, things I've been using to help build my mod have been talking about using the Base/Assets folder in the Civilization VI folder on my computer to get icons/art/models/code etc. However, I have checked time and time again in my folder and I don't have a Base folder. My folder jumps to 'Cache'. So what do I do now? I know it seems like a 'What can I even do?' sort of question, and I know there's nothing you can do to magic up a folder, I'm just asking - should I scour these forums for snippets of code? I should also make my own art, right? That'd reduce my dependence on the assets. Should I just beg for help when I need it? What's the play here?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets
has all the sub-folders with art assets, lua files that run the UI, xml files that define the base game's leaders and civs, etc.​

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Configuration\Data
has all the xml files with the base game definitions of civs, leaders, player-items, etc for everything that is "Pre-Game" (ie, the set-up menus and the civs/leaders that can be selected for gameplay)​

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data
has all the files with the base game definitions of buildings, improvements, etc for everything that is "In-Game"​

If you are using a Mac these game folders are at a slightly different location under "Libraries" as I understand it

I'm on Windows. I used a CD to install the game. I have Steam, and I use the Steam window to open the game mostly, however I can't find the folder.

Oh I'm stupid, I didn't look in the x86, just regular Program Files. Sorry to worry you. You can tell the extent to which I know about computing is acknowledging where the on button is, can't you?

Top Bottom