[Vanilla] Battering Rams and Siege Towers - Ranged & Melee attacks

human101101

Chieftain
I understand that a Siege Tower allows units to attack the city health directly while the Battering Ram allow units to do full damage against city walls. What I am wondering is how this applies to ranged attacks and if melee attacks have to be from the same tile as the tower or ram?

If there is a Siege Tower against the city walls will ranged attacks go against the city health and at full strength? Do you need multiple Siege Towers or just one? With Battering Rams are ranged attacks 100% effective against the wall? Do melee attacks have to come from the same tile that the ram is located on?

You only need 1. You don't need to be on the same tile. I do not believe battering ram (the only one I use) affects ranged attacks at all. But you are still free to use them, every little bit helps.

They need to be on the tile adjacent the city, only need one. They only support melee units

Thanks! Would love if it were described very well in something like--I don't know--a civilopedia, maybe? I miss the day when I could read my GAME MANUAL the day I bought it to prepare myself and refer back occasionally...

Top Bottom