Battle Plan for TNT

"preservation of Force" is the way to run it as long as we kill as many of theirs as we can.

I'm not sure what these guys are doing abandoning towns that way, surely they know that we couldn't possibly intend to keep any captured, though, sin abandonment hurts less in the WW budget, that has got to be the thinking(?). but, it just makes life a lot easier for the GS's if they concede the border areas this way, so I guess I won't complain. Pikes on the ground won't make our cause any easier, but running rings around the Immos should be fun to watch. Patience is the watchword now, wait for the opening we know will come.

With this recent turn, I am thinking a few things...

A) Establish and defend the resupply city on the eastern coast of Battle Isle.

B) Keep trickling troops down to MIA, but rather than the 1-1 Battle Isle/MIA we had talked about, maybe a 2-1 (maybe 3-1 for the short-term) TNT/MIA.

C) Assuming we can well defend our city on that continent, send another 8 SoD around on the North side of TNT for pillaging and fun, then send some pikes/trebs/MI stacks out of our city and take or raze a few.

D) Dnuts decision on what to do will effect us.

E) Loosing three GS stink, but let's face it, we would expect to loose that kind of number taking cities, its a wash at this point. Just preserve what we have and as Bede said, watch for the opening.

Okay, now that Nuts have invaded, how does this effect our plans?

I don't have Civ 3 on this computer so I can't check the save, but should we/can we launch our SoD now?

If we don't have the forces - wait. Why kill Persians enough to let the Nuts move north without acheiving our objective.

If we do - should we? Do we think TNT will rush forces to the south or will they 'turtle up' and move EVERYTHING to their capitol/core?

If so, what is our response?

I think if they seem to be doing that we should send our Longbows NOW.

I would even propose (though not argue at this point) that our SoD should head toward the West coast of TNT to take those cities since in any seige warfare I think that we will have the advantage with our trebs. It seems to me that the Nuts have concnetrated on speed so they will be ill suited to seige warfare.

This is all so exciting.

As Bill Shakespeare said "Who let the dogs out!?!" Oh wait, that was the Baha Men; Shakespeare said "Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war!" (Julius Ceasar Act III Sceen I)

imho, and based on the intelligence, we have enough units to drive straight to thier core, but we're at least 2T from landing near the iron. We have 7LB's and 3Pikes to land near thier iron, and we want that to have as little cover as possible. I'm not sure of the frontal attack force, but I can check later.

So, I would recommend that we start out for the core next turn, driving straight for the capitol. Hopefully, they make a play for the SoD as well as Donut's force in the south, leaving thier iron weakly defended.

However, since TNT plays 1st, we'll know more with the next save.

I am more than content to let G-man make the tactical decisions. Pile 'em all into one stack and go after 'em, for what that's worth.

As a team, we have one thing that is most dangerous: We have options.

First - Do we know where the Nutters attacked at?

I think we have two options with the main SOD
a - drive south and take that city directly south of Spite.
b - Go for the juggular and march at the capitol.

I think since the Nutters went first we might want them to take some hits. We were more than willing to absorb some flack, for them. They have stepped up and taken some for us.

The key here is intel. Can they share their battle log with us?

Sir Bugsy said:
The key here is intel. Can they share their battle log with us?
I expect that line would be drawn somewhere south of a full battle log...and I don't think we'll be able to tell what cities they took... though I'd be willing to bet that 'nuts suddenly have gems to trade.

I found their letter in the other thread. Why are we posting letters from Donuts in the TNT diplo thread? We truly are idiots. :rolleyes:

That makes it very simple - drive right at their core. We should be able to roll these guys up in less than ten turns. Just in time for the MIA war.

Unabomb was a little better defended than we thought. And a nice stack of
trebs, too

Battlelog for turn 137:

TNT trebuchet bombards gall vetern pikeman for 1 hp.
TNT trebuchet bombards gall vetern pikeman for 1 hp. (the second pikeman)
TNT trebuchet bombards gall elite Dirty Harry for 1 hp.
TNT trebuchet bombards gall elite Invincible, shot failed.
TNT trebuchet bombards gall elite Invicinble for 1 hp.
TNT trebuchet bombards gall Josie Walls for 1 hp.
TNT trebuchet bombards elite Medevil Infantry, shot fails.
TNT trebuchet bombards elite Medevil Infantry, shot fails.
*TNT elite Immortal attacks gall elite Medevil Infantry, medevil
infantry loses (Immortal has 1hp left).
*TNT vertern Greekguy the Great attacks gallic vetern ( at 3hp by
bombardment) pike, immortal loses and pike is promoted to elite (at
3hp).
*TNT vetern Nasir attacks gallic vet (3hp) pike, immortal wins (3hp left)
*TNT vet BCLG the immortal attacks gall elite (3hp) pike, immortal
loses (pike at 1hp)
*TNT reg immortal Urupay attacks vet gall Mad Max, immortal loses (2hp left)
*TNT reg immortal attacks gall vet Flyin' Elvis, immortal loses (2hp left)
TNT vet Immortal #2 attacks gallic elite Dirty Harry, immortal wins (1hp left)
TNT reg immortal #5 attacks gallic elite Invicinble, immortal wins (1hp left)
TNT reg immortal #6 attacks gallic elite Josie wales, immortal wins (2hp left)
TNT reg immortal #4 attacks gallic vet medevil infantry, medevil
infantry wins (2hp left)
TNT vet immortal attacks vet gallic medevil infantry, medevil infantry
wins (1hp left)
TNT vet immortal attacks vet gallic medevil infantry, immortal wins (1hp left)
TNT vet immortal attacks vet gallic medevil infantry, immortal wins (1hp left)

*means that a gallic trebuchet bombarded an attacking immortal. All of
the attacking immortals lost 1hp.

If my count is right that was 7-6 in favor of TNT. Looks like they have given up the south in favor of defending the north. I don't think this changes the plan any, though, as it appears they have swallowed the bait.

@Bede: I think you got the tally right... By my account we lost 3 MDI, a Pike and 3 Gallic Swords (all of the elite GSs, unfortunately). Of the 4 remaining MDI, only 2 are healthy. Neither of the two surviving GSs are healthy, and the remaining pike, though elite, is redlined.

I think this is actually very good news. That means our D-Day 2 maneuver is going mean lesser resistance and Donuts should be able to make a dent as well.

Have we heard from Donuts?

Wow. Bloody. What have we got left and can we take that nice stack of trebs they build for us?

PS - We should send flowers to Simon, BGLC the immortal is pushing up daisys. I'm sure he'll be crushed.

Top Bottom