Battle Plan for TNT

Findings? Unfun announcement? Refresh my memory please :)

scoutsout said:
Very well. In the spirit of the game, we are not really attacking. We are sending 2.4 percent of our military to engage in a Police Action, seeking Dinsog for questioning in connection with the events surrounding a recent explosion at our Doughbolt factory.

In a recent exchange with Team Doughnut (when I forwarded the save) I asked their turnplayer to keep an eye out for Dinsog, as we were looking for him.

Here is a copy of their reply:

Here is the Translated version:

See! There it is - PROOF I tell you! The Doughnutian Ambassador himself has seen Dinsog! We must find Dinsog and bring him to justice!

Scout, you underestimate your ability as a diplomat. I think you may have discovered the 'bizaro' version of "War is diplomacy by other means."

Congradulations :viking:

In scout's hands the converse is more true: Diplomacy is war by other means.

I took a peek @ the 115 save and came up with this. If we use the 2 GS's currently being built in Gilfach? and D-head? and load them on Chumbucket while cruising the TNT coast with the other GS's i galleys, we can simultanously land 10 GS's within striking distance from TNT cities. It will take 6-7 turns from now, but boys and grandmother would it be fun. The plan is prolly infested with flaws, but take a look and see if something like this could be done anyway. The GS's being built will have to be rushed.

Attachments

• tnthit.JPG
    tnthit.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 223
1. Don't split our forces. Land the entire force together. Expect a counter attack on landing.

2. Expect stronger defenders. We'll probably run into pikes and trebuchets.

3. Plan on a longer term war. If we're going to do this we want to hurt TNT for good. Press home the attack.

I have been concerned about how we start this war. Are we just going to land 8 GS's next to Furbomb and declare the next turn when we attack or declare just before entering their water?

I just searched the rules for " war " and I found nothing related to when declaration of war should happen. Then I scanned the entire ruleset and again saw nothing. So I guess it's up to us how we do it. Declaring as we land will give them an opportunity to attack us first. Waiting until we actually attack would still allow this to happen.

One other thing....... Since GS's are 2 movement units, shouldn't we land on the furs so as to pull any TNT forces out of the city that might attack us? Then we could get that city maybe a little easier.

To be fair we should declare the moment we land inside their territory. If that means the GS is outside the borders I don't think we should have to declare until after it steps inside. If that means the empty city (which it was when Scout investigated the city) is taken by a GS moving two tiles that's not our problem.

What if we plant a settler 1 N of the furs then build a temp city.

Then the GS in that city would be 1 turn from being inside Furbomb. Declare and take that turn that the city is built.

Then we would be able to use Coinich's city name too :D

Speaking of which...I would like to add a city name I'm going to steal from Scoutsout....Auda City. :D

Whomp said:
Speaking of which...I would like to add a city name I'm going to steal from Scoutsout....Auda City. :D
Fair enough. In whose face shall I plant that one? I was thinking of renaming Furbomb to "Spite" and founding "Malice" nearby...

Okay - at this writing, our troops are at the point of no return. Next turn they can be standing on the shore next to Furbomb.

@Daghda: The reason I like Furbomb as a target is simple: We can better support that position. Any troops sent to the other side of the continent will be on their own - a long way from help. There are a couple of other things I like about it. It's lightly defended (last I checked) and it has Ivory.

But at any rate... if we're going to adjust our plans, the time is now. And diplomats... we need to get that MIA treaty on parchment SOON.

Support is huge. Your lines of communication are the shortest. Go with Furbomb. To quote a very good friend of mine, "Amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics." Furbomb will keep your logistics simple.

Hey State Dept! What's taking you guys so long?

Edit - Scout, how many troops are in your first wave? How long until they are reinforced?

Edit 2 - I almost forgot - Zounds!

Zounds! This was sent today.
Hello MIA'ers,

We haven't heard anything on the "1000 Monkeys Treaty". We'd prefer not sign the treaty on April 1st since this is our holiest day at Team K.I.S.S.! I'm sure you understand. Let us know your thoughts.

Chief Fool Whomp

Oh! I almost forgot! APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!! It is our holiest day!!!
:band: :banana: :beer: :dance: :woohoo: :cheers:

There must be much dancing and foolishness in the streets of KISS!

Sir Bugsy said:
Support is huge. Your lines of communication are the shortest. Go with Furbomb. To quote a very good friend of mine, "Amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics." Furbomb will keep your logistics simple.

Hey State Dept! What's taking you guys so long?

Edit - Scout, how many troops are in your first wave? How long until they are reinforced?

Edit 2 - I almost forgot - Zounds!
Lines of communication...you speak-a-my-language! (I even taught harriet this concept... :D )

Apparently our State Department is comprised of a bunch of bureacratic idiots (redundant statement?). Remember, these are the guys that muffed the dispatch from 'nuts ("Nobody has seen Dinsog on this continent...")

The first wave is composed of 8 Gallic Swords (1 Elite) with 2 more on the way immediately. After that, things start to get a little dicey. I've got a Spear I will upgrade to a Pike next turn, but he's a good 4 turns out. I've got GSs in the queue in 3 cities...and I'm hoping they don't get swapped back to MDI when the GA kicks in. I have infrastructure builds going in Simpleton (no barracks), Polecat, and Knucklehead.

My scheme of maneuver is this: Take Furbomb, re-name it "Spite" and hopefully the GSs will be able to skirmish whatever TNT throws at us. If I can muster the forces I will attempt a second landing on the other side of their continent...where I plan to start turning cities into rockpiles.

We're running a fine line here between calculated risk and stupid gamble...

renamer extraordinaire said:
We're running a fine line here between calculated risk and stupid gamble...
That's my kind of war-making... really.... but I lean more towards the stupid gamble far too often

well the 8 GS could be dropped off in MIA territory then :devil:

Tubby Rower said:
well the 8 GS could be dropped off in MIA territory then :devil:
I'm only thinking that our analysis of the current situation, which was that we have but a slim chance on beating MIA, still holds. Therefore, dragging 'em in at this point would be a blunder. I'm not saying it would be boring though and, with the words of Oscar Wilde "Being boring might be the greatest sin of all sins" :D

Top Bottom