Be All You Can Be: U.S. Army Unit Pack

Looked at them yesterday and they're VERY COOL! :)
However, I noticed to things which could be improved:
1) M60 is too dark and looks like of light black color.
2) Delta Operator firing (I mean the fire from the gun) animation is a bit strange and looks like the use of water instead of fire. :)
Other things are absolutely brilliant and original. Probably, HMG unit could be added - but all my remarks and this suggestion are not mandatory, of course - to your tastes. :)

Thank you for the great Xmas gift!!! :)

These units are extremely well made. I can see from the infantry that you are using different models than what I shared. Must have been a nightmare rigging the skeleton and making them run and move like that. Bryce is a simple program to begin with but a high learning curve when you try to do advanced things like this. The rope rappel is very detailed. Love the helicopter blades, don't even remember giving you the Apache. I should have shared my tank track animatics with you so you could make them move. I don't even have flicster right now so I can't check how well it looks.

Thanks. Watching your tank tracks in the video it looked almost like a rubber band around the roadwheels with a track texture that rotates during the animation. I need to learn how to do better explosions and flames so I can do a few more tracked vehicles properly.

You also gave me a second helicopter, which is done and will be included when the next group hits the streets.

It seems as if there were more than the three units mentioned in the update. Guess that's where the 500-dollar toiletseat money goes to. ;)

Let me told you is ******* awesome!! :goodjob: somebody can explain how to put custom units in the game but in upgrades?
Example: German Panzer upgrades to Leopard instead of the normal tank of the game

Machinencio, there is a tutorial on how to add units in the Tutorials Section of Civ3 - Creation & Customization. Basically, you have to add the unit graphics to the unit folder, create an entry in the Biq, and a text entry in the Pediaicons.txt file.

Redback, I use Gary Childress' guys for the 60s and 70s. I do have the stuff to make a late 50's soldier, but it will be a while. There's a moratorium in place on all non-WW3 work.

The M60A3 tank has been updated. If you've played the WWIII game you might have noticed that it included a new version made from a better model with a new custom paint job and enhanced by Wyrmshadow special effects, so all around much better. The database link is the same.

The 1950s infantryman is still on my plate. I made a model a while ago based on Wyrm's Bryce paperdoll, but haven't yet animated it.

Attachments

• US Infantry.png
    US Infantry.png
    39 KB · Views: 208
  • Infantry Default.png
    Infantry Default.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for the M551. It went straight to my mod.

FWIW - when the Sheridan (M551) fired the main gun (152mm), the first three road wheels left the ground...

Some of these models that Delta Strife has been helping me find are very nice looking but do not break down into many component pieces. They can be manually broken down by meshes and vertices, and often are by Delta in Blender or myself in 3DS max, but there isn't the time to do it for every unit. In the case of the Sheridans, I'd have to completely deconstruct the suspension to have the roadwheels stay flush while the hull bounces and rocks. This would take hours and I quite frankly am too pressed for time to do this on every unit. The only other alternative would be to not animate the hull, which would reduce the unit to being rather static and dull during the attack animations. Compromise, compromise.

Oh my - please understand - I was NOT criticizing the anim or suggesting a change.

I'll be very much enjoying that unit (and the 114) as is.

I just mentioned that tidbit as personal/historical fact as I used to drive one of those puppies during my time with the 11th Armored Cav. (N.B. my forum moniker)

If you weren't loose as a goose when the gun fired a black eye was assured.

It was also a good idea to keep the driver's hatch closed when the coax fired as the muzzle was right over your head. Learned that one the hard way. :sad:

Thanx for the wonderful work

You all was nuts facing the 8th Guards Army across the Gap with Sheridans and 113s.

On M1 series the driver's got to keep the hatch closed regardless, as the turret'll decapitate him when traversing and make him a Headless Horse Soldier. Glad you enjoy the unit; there will be a couple more Cold War vehicles in the future.

Top Bottom