Be All You Can Be: U.S. Army Unit Pack

Thanks guys. The model does the heavy lifting. It is from Delta Strife. There are a few other vehicles already done that will be added. But it's about time I make my tanks into Civ III units. So, there will be a desert M1A1 as well as the three-color NATO one for Europe. The detail on this model is exceptional, and I've been adding little things to make it more mission-capable. Too bad they didn't model the turbine. It would have been cool to have a fidget animation of pulling pack.

Dear Past Self,

Be advised that applying 4k textures to objects will increase the size of your Bryce files by twenty times. This can explain the frequent crashes you will experience when you try to save. Such detail may possibly be considered overkill on an item whose final rendering will be about 100x50 pixels at 160 colors for a twenty-year-old game. Your call.

Sincerely,

Future Self

Animation1.gif

Great Work Tony.... 4K is extreme but if it makes enough difference in details, it is worth it. Realism vs "Cartoon"

I tend to use High Resolution 3d Models because in the end they absolutely do make a difference in details and textures.
Even at Civ Scale and a basic 160 colors, it makes a difference.

I can testify that the higher resolution of today's models that creators are making do make this 20 year old game look much better.

If you look at units in game that were created by the best of the best 20 years ago and compare them to the creations of today there is an amazing difference.

I can testify that the higher resolution of today's models that creators are making do make this 20 year old game look much better.
Yes and AnthonyBoscia's work shows this:thumbsup:
... and it is a challenge to strive for exceptional Units that can only use a base color of 160 colors.

4K is extreme but if it makes enough difference in details, it is worth it. Realism vs "Cartoon"

I tend to use High Resolution 3d Models because in the end they absolutely do make a difference in details and textures.
Even at Civ Scale and a basic 160 colors, it makes a difference.

I agree, but keep in mind Bryce hasn't been updated in a dozen years and is a program for making pretty landscapes. It wasn't really optimized for the style of objects we are throwing at it. Also, just another friendly reminder that these complex models and textures are made by pros or very talented amateurs who make their work available for use. What we're doing in Bryce is like making a diorama out of different model kits. Touch up, rigging, adding or creating additional items, and finally animating. But your support is definitely appreciated.

Vuldacon, know you know why that other animation shop project has been delayed. :)

Does it mean that Saudis would be able to field Abrams in 1989?
No M1s for Saudi. That trade was a response to the Gulf War. Maybe they can get some nice M60s. This new desert M1A1 is going to be specifically US Army. I would use Wyrm's desert for Egypt, Saudi, and Iraq in mods.

I agree, but keep in mind Bryce hasn't been updated in a dozen years and is a program for making pretty landscapes. It wasn't really optimized for the style of objects we are throwing at it. Also, just another friendly reminder that these complex models and textures are made by pros or very talented amateurs who make their work available for use. What we're doing in Bryce is like making a diorama out of different model kits. Touch up, rigging, adding or creating additional items, and finally animating. But your support is definitely appreciated.
Tony, Bryce not being specifically Optimized for "Units" and not Updated in a dozen years serves to prove your abilities with it :thumbsup:
...and yes, I understand delays from being basically overwhelmed with a plethora of other important and needed tasks to accomplish :)

Top Bottom