Begginer-friendly civs

ArnoldI

I have no idea what I'm doing in Civ VI
After something like 6 years, I'm back at playing Civ, but my last time was playing Civ V and I find Civ VI to be very different from V. I struggle particularly with the district planning and the early game. Can someone recommend me a begginer-friendly civ that is relatively versatile and strong at the early game? I have GS, but not the New Frontier Pass

Rome fits the bill: gets off to a good start due to free monuments, versatile, nothing unusual or intricate about their city planning.

If you're domination-minded, Sumeria is very strong in the early game, although I find their power curve drops off sharply in the Medieval. Macedonia is also very good for domination, although they don't get any particular bonuses in the earliest stages of the game.

Russia and Japan are both strong/versatile civs, too.

Thanks. Gonna give one of those a go

The Aztecs get very strong Eagle Warriors. Good advantage for the ancient era against barbarians. Against non-barbarians when they defeat a unit, they have a chance at getting a builder. Also, a very good ancient era advantage if you get a chance to use the ability.

Top Bottom