1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Belief selection & prioritization by the AI.

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by SuperNoobCamper, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I think the AI in general values Orders a lot. Similarly with Way of the Pilgrim. India and the Celts just found early fairly often. Hopefully Gazebo's bug fix will help!

In the game I'm playing at the moment :
    I founded first! (got very lucky), took Way of Transcendence and Cooperation with Progress
    Maya founded second, took Way of the Pilgrim and Orders with Tradition
    The Huns founded third, took Hero Worship and Veneration with Authority

SuperNoobCamper likes this.
  2. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

I think what we should all do is play a game as India, take Orders, and see if we've missed something.

3. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

It sounds like G already found a bug that was causing orders to be highly prioritized.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

I was being sarcastic and suggesting it as a fun idea lol.

crdvis16 likes this.
  5. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

If you assume, the AI is always picking the best/strongest pantheon for them, isnt the fact they are always picking Commerce/Wisdom in my games a great sign, that those pantheons are strong (or too strong)?
    Its extremly easy to achieve atleast 3 faith per city by simply connecting a city and build the already powerful market in it, while your capital already generates more through the gold from the palace.
    Its definitly more faith than you can achieve with mines/pastures/quarries on ressources or Festival/Beauty....
    1 science per city is literally a free council and the gold from commerce can be used for everything, and both pantheons are able to outscale EVERY other pantheon in faith, unless you kill 5 units per turn with god of war.
    Ghandi is a perfect warmonger, his UA is able to neglect every growth penalty your puppets could get and imperialism buffs your already good farms even more. Unfortunatly the Naga Malla is now only a shadow of its former self. Attacking the Naga Mala with ranged units from 2 tiles away makes no difference if its Indias UU or a normal cuirassier and the feared elephant promotion is lost on upgrade.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  6. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

The Maya loves picking Way of the Pilgrim for some reason.