Best A.I. in Civ?

dreadknought

timelord
Having played them all, Im finding the a.i. in Beyond the sword the best in any civ game, granted Ive yet to get deep into the modern era. Played 4 games on monarch and yet to win, and Ive played civ games for years. The a.i seems to have mad production rates and Im wondering how high are those bonuses on monarch level these days?:eek: That said CONGRATS to the civ programmers, Beyond the sword really made civ 4 fun, imo.:goodjob:

Indeed, Blake did some awesome stuff with BTS. Keep in mind that not only was the AI improved, but the AI bonuses were drastically reduced. The AI you're playing against now has far fewer bonuses than the base civ IV AI, and still doing awesome.

I'd agree with that, we all complain about AI bug's glitches etc (i'm guilty too) & thats fair enough as we'd like it to be even better, but still credit were it's due the AI is currently a big step ahead of prev civ 4 varients an prev civ games, an not just in difficulty (less AI bonus's) but in things like because the AI civs go to war with each other a lot more now, it makes the overall exp a lot more fun aswell since you feel your really one of many rivals rather than everyone's a rival to you, an that has to be the biggest + point at least for me

Heh, it's pretty good at emulating the leader's "quirks", and I have to keep some of them in check (READ: Axe/swordrush Khan or Monty, then get back to building). They have really weird ways of doing things, though...

India.
Unless they spawn right besides me, whenever i run into India(especially if they are on a different continent), they are already super-rich, super-advanced and big while having a few super-cities.
Very hard to fight a spiritual trait leader too i find- they almost never sue for peace and never get unhappy if they are attacked.
Plus in BtS, the AI is very smart with its diplomacy- The AI as India always has some allies it is very friendly with by like 1000-500 BC and that is a nightmare scenario for a war( you are almost certain to get pounded 2v1).

India.
Unless they spawn right besides me, whenever i run into India(especially if they are on a different continent), they are already super-rich, super-advanced and big while having a few super-cities.
Very hard to fight a spiritual trait leader too i find- they almost never sue for peace and never get unhappy if they are attacked.
Plus in BtS, the AI is very smart with its diplomacy- The AI as India always has some allies it is very friendly with by like 1000-500 BC and that is a nightmare scenario for a war( you are almost certain to get pounded 2v1).

Call me sick, but I usually avoid conventional warfare with india for as long as possible (unless their land is really pretty and close to me), and then beeline fision in order to do some tests.
Something about nuking ghandi until every soldier,improvement,city is obliterated, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I always see something different in india in my games - india's ai is great in the beginning/mid game, making it a rich civ, however, they always get attacked at some point by an agressive civ next door and lose completely by the end of the game. Their ai for handling war is the worst i've seen (playing agg ai).

It's good at some thing and horrific at others. There's so many times where I'm a certainty to lose a city, but the stupid AI will attack with swordsmen first and its cats last, or completely stop and wait 3 turns for reinforcements when a warlords AI would have just attacked (with cats first) and had the city easily.

India.

Ive noticed that also, those fast workers help them alot I think., My current monarch game Im alone on a small continent and doing ok, so maybe I have a chance this game as my cities are doing pretty well so far.

Having played them all, Im finding the a.i. in Beyond the sword the best in any civ game, granted Ive yet to get deep into the modern era. Played 4 games on monarch and yet to win, and Ive played civ games for years. The a.i seems to have mad production rates and Im wondering how high are those bonuses on monarch level these days?:eek: That said CONGRATS to the civ programmers, Beyond the sword really made civ 4 fun, imo.:goodjob:
Yep, the Better AI is indeed better.

In response to the thread title, I think Hannibal consistently does very well in the hands of the AI, as does Gandhi.

Top Bottom