Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Ragnar lodbrok

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • Shaka!

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Ghandi (xD omg he's so aggresive)

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
Toku has the best combination (Agg/Pro) on late warfare.
And Samurai is good, with Drill I & II promotions.

But Rusty Edge's right. Any leader with Praets (and Agg) is the best.

Shaka is my prefered leader, only because his UU is like a mini org trait. Expansive (spelling?) for cheap granaries means whiping frenzy and agg for stronger units means hes best suitable for early rushes imho.

Too bad Huayna Capac isn't Aggresive:( Quechua makes such a great early rush:)

Quechua get free combat I though. He is fin/agg in vanilla as well.

ragnar and shaka

i think montezuma is underrated as well: nice UB and an early religion can be a powerful diplomatic tool early on (cough war bribes cough).

agree there, shaka and ragnar =D but i like to play monty most, dunni why
i voted boudica love the imba war traits

Shaka, easily.

Expansive is a solid trait, the UB is excellent, and the UU is, if not game breaking, still tactically quite useful.

Ragnar only has financial to compensate. Which is not nothing, but is overrated, because the benefit is more obviously visible than most traits. If it isn't a water heavy map, then Ragnar's got nothing on Shaka.

Boudica, Agg and Cha give you the best experienced units= you win on open terrain in most cases which gives you even more XP. Cha also brings 2 more happy people.

The Celtic UB and UU are not the best, but try free leaders with Boudica of the Inca for a Queshau Rush or Boudica of the Zulu or Roman.

Boudica's flaw is economy, you need to play very aggressive and press techs from a defeated civ and use a lot of espionage to compensate.

Don't build wonders, but see which Civ nearby has wonders interesting for you and conquer them.

Alexander the Great, ftw.

The Celtic UB and UU are not the best, but try free leaders with Boudica of the Inca for a Queshau Rush or Boudica of the Zulu or Roman.

Boudica's flaw is economy, you need to play very aggressive and press techs from a defeated civ and use a lot of espionage to compensate.

Don't build wonders, but see which Civ nearby has wonders interesting for you and conquer them.

The OP specifically mentions no changes to the Civ. Unrestricted Leaders isn't checked!

Alexander has all the advantages of the Philosophical trait as well as the Odeon UB, which is chock-full of goodness. Extra happiness, extra culture, and the ability to run extra artists, if you so desire. There's a strong economy there as well as the Aggressive trait.

Nothing can stop the raw power of Ganghis Khan's UU/UB combo.

I never thought the Keshik was all that better than a base horse archer. It does get a first strike, but it doesn't have immunity to them, correct?

The combination does have some punch, though, I'll grant you that.

I never thought the Keshik was all that better than a base horse archer. It does get a first strike, but it doesn't have immunity to them, correct?

The combination does have some punch, though, I'll grant you that.

Flanking II grants 1st strike immunity, making this the only unit in the game that can ignore them and still use one. Keshiks are virtually guaranteed to do considerable damage to any contemporary defender, and with flanking II even longbows aren't too much.

Keshiks benefit from the UB and the fact that they get 1 move cost on ALL terrain. They are a marked improvement on the horse archer, which is already an incredible unit.

My first satisfying Emperor win will be soon with Ghengis Khan.

So i vote him :)

Mass UU, Mass knights, now soon mass Cavalry for Domination Victory, or anything else I desire

Flanking II grants 1st strike immunity, making this the only unit in the game that can ignore them and still use one. Keshiks are virtually guaranteed to do considerable damage to any contemporary defender, and with flanking II even longbows aren't too much.

Keshiks benefit from the UB and the fact that they get 1 move cost on ALL terrain. They are a marked improvement on the horse archer, which is already an incredible unit.

So you have half your force with Flanking I/II and the other half with Combat I and either Combat II or Shock? I can see that working.

Stalin

For the early game, getting the pyramids, great wall and stonheage

Then massing axemen to destroy your neighbour

Then a nice period of peace, since the guy you conquered did not have any strong relations with another player

More peace

More peace, some wonders here and there

Cossacks..yep lets start again the fun

After another empire fell, you should have the most exensive empire, and the game is already won..or should be

Top Bottom