Best expansionist Civ

Sorry. I don't think so, but the trait is strong enough without that.

I guess I never actually read the stats on it, and assumed that you got them half price just like Religious gives 1/2 price temples and caths, and seafaring 1/2 price harbors, etc.. Oops..my bad. :blush: :sad: :confused:

Sorry if I mislead anyone!! :(

is there some secret to religous i am missing besides less chance of culture flipping and faster revolts?

Faster revolts are very helpful indeed. No agonizing nine-turn empirewide disorder.

Right, but see, the US UU is so ineffective that it makes very little difference that there is even a UU. The early game explosion is what happens for me when I play America, maybe about Emperor level.

No anarchy in early patches of Vanilla. Your cities revolted in the interturn and then immediately reestablished peace. In later Vanilla and PTW it is a full turn. In Conquests it's two turns.

No anarchy in early patches of Vanilla. Your cities revolted in the interturn and then immediately reestablished peace. In later Vanilla and PTW it is a full turn. In Conquests it's two turns.

What about if you change governments when you researched a government. In vanilla with the latest patch it doesn't take any turns when you chose a new government. Is it the same in conquests?

actually there is anarchy, it is just alot shorter, but still, i don't think ill be needing that when i only change once.

I found out that when you research a government and you do a revolution you can pick any governement and it won't take a full turn. But that only happens on the turn you researched a government.

I found out that when you research a government and you do a revolution you can pick any governement and it won't take a full turn. But that only happens on the turn you researched a government.

Actually it only appears that way. Because of the way that stuff is done on the inter-turn the benefit is far less than a turn (but, as I recall, there is indeed a benefit; I forget what it is). One difference between vanilla/PTW and Conquests. In the former, you can enter The Big Picture and revolt. If you don't like the result you can try again when the question is posed at the beginning of the next turn. In the latter, the answer is always the same both times.

I mean on the turn I researched a government a message came up about changing governments. It said something like "Our people yearn for a change in government". So I picked a different government and it didn't even take 1 turn. It switched straight away. This was in vanilla with the latest patch.

There's still anarchy in Conquests, albeit a very short one.

I mean on the turn I researched a government a message came up about changing governments. It said something like "Our people yearn for a change in government". So I picked a different government and it didn't even take 1 turn. It switched straight away. This was in vanilla with the latest patch.
It still takes one turn. It only seems that it doesn't due to the mechanics of the inter-turn.

What happens is that you revolt. Next you lose all your production for the turn. Both of these events happen during the inter-turn. Then you come out of revolt at the beginning of the next turn.

It's not just culture, but the happiness is useful, too.

A reli civ with temples, cathedrals and Sistine chapel needs just a couple of luxes to keep happy - a temple and a cath are not much more expensive, in terms of shields, than a market is, plus you get the culture bonus.

Few humans play that way, but it *is* a reasonable way to go.

It's not just culture, but the happiness is useful, too.

A reli civ with temples, cathedrals and Sistine chapel needs just a couple of luxes to keep happy - a temple and a cath are not much more expensive, in terms of shields, than a market is, plus you get the culture bonus.
Fair point. However, the cost is 3gpt as opposed to 1. Mind you, if you don't have the luxes, you don't have the luxes.

As for me, I hate to waste shields on buildings.

It still takes one turn. It only seems that it doesn't due to the mechanics of the inter-turn.

What happens is that you revolt. Next you lose all your production for the turn. Both of these events happen during the inter-turn. Then you come out of revolt at the beginning of the next turn.

I think it's different in conquest. Because I play vanilla. When I dot it, it revolts then theres the production loss. But then it is back to normal in the new government. But that's only on the turn I research a govenment and the advisor says if I won't to revolt.

Just so you know what I mean. It was year 1854 when the message came up and after I switched it was still 1854.

Top Bottom