1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best mods to enhance game?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by OverWind, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Spatzimaus

Spatzimaus Mad Scientist

There are a variety of good mods out there, depending on what you want. The above posts have mentioned many of the excellent UI overhaul mods, and if you want a basic balance mod then VEM/UOP are great. If you want something that adds a bit more content, there are quite a few of those; NiGHTS, Call To Power, and my own mods (see .sig) are pretty large, but there are many others depending on your personal tastes.

The key thing, though, is NOT to depend solely on the in-game mod browser. It really has no way to see which mods are being maintained currently, and you won't get much good information about the specifics within each. Some mods (again, like my own) aren't even available through the in-game browser for various reasons.
    What you should do, instead, is go over into the Creation & Customization forum of this site, go into the various forums (especially Modpacks, Mod Components, and Projects) to see which threads are currently active, and use that to see which mods are being well maintained. That way, when you go to the in-game browser you don't have to just search randomly.

2. spmosc

spmosc Chieftain

Hi everyone!

I really liked the idea with building Wonders (when you have to accumulate gold/culture/science/victory) used in Ancient Wonders DLC. Is there any mod which uses the same idea? I ran through the mod forum but didn't find anything by myself :(
    Thanks