Best Warmonging Civ (only 6 choices, not all civs)

ATopic22

Clan SPADE Captain
Which do you think has the most potential as a warmonging leader in civ 4 bts. I have now included all of the civs i believe to be warmonging civs.

Genghis Khan
Hamurabi
Hanibal
Alexander
Ragnar
Stalin
Cyrus
Julius Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Montezuma
Napoleon
Tokugawa
Shaka
Klubai Khan
Boudica
Brennus

Edit: Base this on the entire leader, uu's and traits

I personaly think its Hanibal because his charismatic trait reduces the exp cost and the financial trait allows for a lott of units. The numidian cavalry is i think the only ancient horse unit that stands a chance of taking cities, even ones guarded with spearmen because of their bonuses and upgrading them with the trait that increases their attack against melee units since they are allready 50% against them.

By the way who do you think would win on a grassland tile with no defensive bonuses between a numidian cavalry that has +100% against melee units vs a spearman that has +100% against horse units

No Roman leaders?

They don't have the best traits, but they have the best warmongering UU by far. Are you doing this based just on traits?

You should define "best warmongering leader"; are you speaking of traits? Units? Early warmongering? All-time warmongering?

Also, where is Cyrus?

If it's being done based solely on traits, then Boudica is strangely missing.

I don't know, the exposition on Hannibal makes it seem like this is just a way for him to plug his favourite leader. ;)

No Shaka? He's pretty insane if one wants to literally rush Impis and Axes from start all the way to the near of the game. Ikandis is amazing for the double task of keeping the empire upkeep manageable, as well as giving the important barracks to keep up the troops.

This seems to be a really badly thought out poll.

Well those 8 strength praetorians are still looking mighty attractive ;). When properly beefed up, they can take out even musketmen, so I'd have to go with Augustus or Julius, even though they aren't on the list :crazyeye:.

I <3 Hannibal for his traits, but the UU is typically useless. Only time I have ever found them to be really useful was playing human opponents in a ffa and taking flanking 2 and then mobility right out of the box. It was very situational, but I could burn his roads and pillage unhindered because all of his units could only move one tile per turn through the forests and hills while my cav could move two and pillage and retreat to the fringes of my opponents territory at will. Just once. It was incredibly fun to do though and they retained their usefulness throughout my civs lifespan. Kind-of felt like the real Hannibal burning the lands around Rome. My opponent and I were busy assaulting and defending our cities with crossbows and war elephants and my numidian cavaly were still burning down his land, chased by war elephants back into the forest only to return again in a turn or two :cool:. He couldn't afford to use a bunch of units to chase them down because of the war-front activity and it also forced him to keep several troops in each of his back cities. Eventually, I was DT-ed by a mass stack of catapults from another human and crushed however :sad:. Fun match, but such interesting occurances never happen vs AI.

I like Ragnar, but where is Shaka?

I don't know about the best, but these ones sure favor war:

Genghis Khan
Julias Ceaser
Augustas Ceaser
Kublai Khan
Alexander
Napoleon
Brennus
Shaka
Ragnar
Monte
Hammurabi
Gilgamesh
Boudica
Stalin
Isabella (when your not her religion)

tokugawa. aggressive and protective give you one nasty army.

Especially when those longbowmen turn into riflemen with +100% city defence.

Just finished a game playing Egyptians. Industrial trait and war chariots mixed in with lots of cheap wonders make a huge advantage at start on monarchy level. No mining slowed things down a bit. Almost unfair really if you start near copper and horse. the additional priests at start really helps for great people.

I think Cyrus should get a mention somewhere.

I agree on Tokugawa. I have a MP game with a friend, where he randomed Toku. And qualitywise is his units just unbeatable. Lucky for me Im in front sciencewise atm :D

I would also say Persian and Roman leaders is quite good for an early takeover of the weakest or nearest neighbour

If it's being done based solely on traits, then Boudica is strangely missing.

I don't know, the exposition on Hannibal makes it seem like this is just a way for him to plug his favourite leader. ;)

I personaly dont think that Boudica is the best warmonging civ based on traits but others do. I dont think so because the aggresive trait is really only good for the start of the game while other traits like charismatic and imperialistic can go throughout the entire game. But that just my opinion.

Top Bottom