[Vanilla] Best youtubers to learn to beat Deity on Vanilla for?

dwcole78

Warlord
Been trying to beat Diety on Vanilla for quite awhile now (see my earlier attempts to get specific help as I played through games). Decided I needed to resort to youtube training videos (I still feel terrible about this). Who is the best to look at? Been looking at higher level guides from potato Mcwhisky but he doesn't have one for Diety. All ready learned some things I am evidently doing wrong. I usually start with God King but evidently urban planning is almost always better for example. Thanks!

Despite the strategy section not being in its heyday, your try reports did get some good feedback. As for YouTube, no need to feel bad, as tutorials are how a lot of content creators seem to get started. Watching play-throughs, even just the first episode of many playlists, can be helpful in understanding a totally different perspective to the game. Part of Deity is getting over the early rush, and then far off there are the insights of CFC sages who implicitly play the map or know the right calculations.

Another possibly unorthodox route would be watching multiplayer and paying attention to rote early orders, if that would be helpful. While modded and very distinct from the base game, it can illustrate rushes and how to prioritize early-to-mid-game goals.

Yes been watching the finals on potato's channel and though as expansions have changed things I have learned some interesting stuff. The 4v4 final was most interesting as an mp team actually almost won by something other than military (diplomacy) that it is at least something players of a much higher level than I will ever be actually try makes me happy. I am currently using some of potato's early lets plays and learned some interesting things.

By no means was I saying the forum was the reason I stopped the trys I agree they were incredibly helpful - it just quickly became apparent to me that I wasn't nearly as good as I thought I was and it was going to be many many tries and restarts before I finally won one - and that map luck would play a large part. Didn't want to fill the board up and didn't have the time to play that much - if I am doing a try I feel obligated to post semi-regularly. After I get one win down I may try a second and post then. Unsurprisingly most people who post here use the expansions.

Yes, I did not think of the vanilla aspect, as I am unfamiliar with the present state of the game without expansions. Good luck and feel free to share any tips or resources you find useful, as perhaps they will be of help to others.

Top Bottom