1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta 11

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by 3Miro, Jun 5, 2011.

1. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Somehow I missed this post
    Check the Byzanite unit sounds for example
    And it was Casimir who forgot to greet me.

2. Sian

Sian Emperor

i've had both Haakon IV and ... whatever Lithounias is named, forgetting to greet me

3. rock_star

rock_star Warlord

Awesome! Portugal isn't completely hopeless. In a couple dozen games, this is the first time I've seen Portugal settle Morocco (this was settled, not conquered or gifted).

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

4. Andrrew

Andrrew Warlord

Hi all,

The Great Priests' generate favor function does not seem to work sometimes.

See the attached save file, playing as Bulgaria, having 4 Great Priest stationed at my capital, but they generate 0 favor thus making the UHV quite hard.

One other minor thing: the Templar Knights can move through AI civ territory without an Open Borders agreement. I doubt it is intended.

Also, what is going on with Genova's treasury? I saw via espionage 500.000 (half million) gold in their treasury around 1500!

Attached Files:

5. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Did you click the button to generate faith points? You lose them in the process

6. Andrrew

Andrrew Warlord

Yes, they disappeared but the faith points did not increase. It is wierd because some other time with other civs they worked.

7. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

That is the templar special ability, yes.

8. Sian

Sian Emperor

got a somewhat more general question since i'm in problems in my current Austian game ... how can i get another DA, where everyone says "there would be nothing to gain"

9. civ_king

would be nice if pistoliers and hussars could take drill tree

10. Hameigh

Hameigh Chieftain

I just played a game as the Kievans and was Orthodox and selected that for a great prophet and it disappeared but did not increase the faith counter.

11. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Just tested this, and it works fine
    Prophets do give you faith points, but it will appaer on the counter in the next turn (it seems that the faith counter is refreshed only in the beginning of each turn)
    Anyway, the +10 points can be seen immediately on the religion screen (F7)

12. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Probably it's fine if we add the drill promotion line to light cavalry units
    Would be a little strange for mounted sergents and ghazis, but fits all the others

13. civ_king

I'd love that in my Ottoman game, currently Istanbul is spitting out pistoliers with Combat V (33xp FTW, yeah me and Byzantines settled a couple generals along with the Topkapi Palace), I'd rather Combat I and Drill IV which would really chew through units with 5-8 first strikes.

PS, you need to add the North African provinces of Cyrenaica, Tripolitania, Ifriqiya, Algiers, Oran. In addition the Mediterranean provinces of Cyprus, Rhodes and Crete should be added. Also the Black Sea provinces of Crimea and Zaporizhia (the Crimean Khanate was a suzerainty of the Ottomans from 1475-1783)

14. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Every time I open mercenary screen, the program crashes.

15. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

The main screen refreshes if go in and out of a city or if you activate an advisor screen. This cannot be helped.

16. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

No prob, it's fine the way it is now

17. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

3Miro, is it intended that there are no crusades at all if Arabia is Orthodox?
    Of course there shouldn't be one against a catholic civ, but I don't see any problems against any of the orthodox civs (and not just Byzantium)

18. leohoshi

leohoshi Chieftain

I need help, here is the thing.. i download the RFC: Europe Beta 11, then i used advanced, load mod, and loaded it, BUT i can't play because there is no scenario, play now button doesn't work and no custom game allowed !!!

i checked the RFC: europe folder and the map is there in a folder called "private maps", i tried moving it to workbuild map, and many other map folders of BTS, but still the game doesn't show me the map to click on and load to play. What can i do!?? :(

19. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

There were many Crusades against Muslims, Protestant and Pagans, but no Crusades against Orthodox nations. The 4th Crusade is the exception, but it is covered under the "buy a Crusade" option.

20. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Put the "Private Maps" folder into the original place in the Mods\RFCEurope place. Then double-click on the RFCEurope.WBSave. This should take you directly to the main screen of selecting a civ.

If it doesn't work, there is a problem with the installation.