[BETA] Invisible Paratroopers after 'drop' (AI)

mattpilot

Warlord
AI launched surprise attack on me.. for the next 3-4 turns it dropped Paratroopers on Resources and pillaged.

Problem is - the paratroopers the AI drops are INVISIBLE. I see the animation from the planes, but no visible unit appears. THey are there though, as I can see their stats when I mouse over and I can attack their hex tile. Any of my units that attack the hex also get visually bugged.

Does not happen to my own paratroopers - only the ones the AI drops.

update:

Appears to only be a problem with DirectX 11 -

no invisible paratroopers on my other computer that runs DX 9 mode

Yes. I have seen that too. I use DX11.

I also have this issue.
Paratroopers and XCOM units belonging to the AI will become invisible (including the tag that floats above them) after the AI uses their drop ability.
They still function normally and will attack/pillage. You just can't see them.

Also running the game on DirectX 11, using an nVidea Geforce GTX 760.
Settings don't seem to affect it, though I didn't test every possible combination.

Easy to test in a highlands map as the AI creates armies primarily consisting of paratroopers when they are available. On other map settings it's very unnoticeable as the AI barely bothers making them.

Still happens in the Beta:

Attachments

• Turn Before Invisi Para.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
Yea, I was wondering whether to open a new thread or bump this one... but since I've posted now I think I'll refrain from making a new thread so I don't look like I'm spamming it up... unless the forum rules/moderators would be ok with that?

EDIT: @Post below: Thank you!

Just a small note if you're unable to replicate the drop... the paratrooper isn't dropped 100% of the time in the next turn in that save. I reloaded a few times and she then dropped them finally. I think deleting the Infanty near Sao Paulo will encourage her to do so more. Thanks for looking into this!

EDIT: I think the save below might be a bit more consistent in triggering it.

Attachments

• Turn Before Invisi Para 2.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Another report of this same problem. Very unexpected and forces S/Ls sometimes when your unit paths around the invisible Paratrooper that you can't see

Top Bottom