[Beta] R.E.D. WWII Edition v.31 - Need testers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
I'm going to release a beta-version for v.31 very soon.

Usually when I release a new version with relatively big changes, it's then quickly followed by one or two small versions focusing on fixing bugs from the bigger release...

This time the code change is pretty huge, so I will post a beta version here (surely tomorrow) so I can have feedback from it's use on all scenarios (it's impossible for me to code and test all possibility in a reasonable time interval) and do a first hunt on bugs.

The data file will need to be updated first, the first test I want to do is to know if you can use the Data Files v.4 with the old v.30.

Here's the link to R.E.D. WW Data Files v.4, I'd like someone that is able to manually install mods to test it with R.E.D. WWII v.30.

If both are compatible I'll release v.4 on Steam Workshop, to prepare users for v.31 without having to update both files at the same time, I know the workshop gives enough problem for one... :D

And for you, you'll be able to grab directly the beta v.31 when it's out.

Edit: check the end of the thread for newest versions...

Its loading all right with ver 30. I started 1939-1945 scenario and every things good so far.

thank you :)

Ok, here is R.E.D. WWII Edition beta v.31 (see attached files)

the actual change list:

- Warning : not compatible with saves from previous versions.
- Warning : R.E.D. Data Files v.4 is now mandatory.
- Crashfix : moved starting position of Swedish infantries on the Europe 1939-45 map, one of them embarking on a lake caused a crash during AI first turn...
- Bugfix : Combat functions were not reporting attacked cities correctly since civilization patch .674
- Bugfix : Combat functions were not able to get Intercepting aircraft since civilization patch .674
- Bugfix : City Combat maximum damage from Air Bombing was not calculated correctly since a correction in patch .674
- Bugfix : InitializeHotseat() was not called properly when reloading a saved game.
- Bugfix : deactivate QuickCombat option, it must be off for the combat events to be registered. QuickMove can be safely used.
- Bugfix : deactivate StrategicView, it must be off for the combat events to be registered.
- Bugfix : deactivate Load Menu from in game (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10901376).
- Bugfix : tweak the upgrade list of the 1942 Earth scenario to prevent light tanks upgrading to medium.
- Bugfix : use default unit list on the 1942 maps (units added in the mod after the scenario creation were not available while the corresponding projects were)
- Feature : optional setting (at scenario level) to make neutral city-states territory impassable for all civs. (but then CS territory will show no features - forest, jungle, etc - until at war with someone)
- Feature : add notification when an unit have been upgraded.
- UI : rework the setup screens to be (hopefully) more user friendly.
- UI : remove some uneeded info from ingame screen.
- Balance : In hotseat mode don't give AI starting bonus (units and buildings) to everyone when there are human player in both side.
- Correction : Panzer II Ausf.L project is not marked as done at start on Stalingrad and Earth 1942 scenario (firsts were build in 1943).
- Add : secondary objectives to USSR on Stalingrad scenario, with victory screen.
- Add : a few more backgrounds screen...
- Add : customized fontIcons
- Authorize mod : FastMove (v.1), R.E.D. Xtrem for WWII Edition (v.1).

Now, what I'd like is general feedback on the new menu and report if the bugfix are actually working.

There is also the new feature about making CS territory impassable for all civs until they are at war, this one is much wanted, but the actual implementation have 2 problems:
- first you won't see forest/jungle on the CS territory until a war is declared. That's because I use replacement impassable features using the same art definition as the originals, but that seems hardcoded (or I need to activate the "reload landmark system", just noted I haven't tried it yet :think:)
- second it pretty cpu intensive just after you press the "Enter War" button, so I'd like to know if those of you experimenting crashes on "Fall of..." events can start the game...

The new feature is activated only on the Europe 1939-1945, please try it at least once and report. There is also another "feature" on that map removing all the fog of war. It will allow you to track all convoys (for your sub, yes, but also for bugs :D ), and I'm unsure if all combat functions work correctly in the FOW, so I'd like comparison on how AI use it's aircraft on the Europe 1939/1945 map and Europe/America 1936 or Earth 1942...

there is a small bonus to try: the Xtrem version with smaller scale and more figures/unit. Must be installed after R.E.D. WWII Edition, else the formations won't work correctly.

Have a good beta-test, and please report the bugs and give your feedback, it's much needed ! :goodjob:

Attachments

• R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 31).civ5mod
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
  • R.E.D. Xtreme for WWII Edition (v 1).civ5mod
    3.2 KB · Views: 185
Does that mean intercept aircraft now get xp ?

About the crashes on "Fall of..." events, the only one that crashed was Fall of France in 36-45 scenario. All the others worked fine prior ver 31 at least for me. I will try it again anyway.

Going to install ver 31 and try it.

I can already tell you that the AI use its interceptors to intecept now making it a bit difficult for bombing operations.

I just tried this version, and here are my first remarks : now AI uses fighters to do air sweep, and fighters gain exp intercepting. But there is still the bug with maximum damage to city from air bombing (when AI is attacking).
Indeed now we can't send our troops inside CS, which is very cool, but there's a disadvantage : british, french and italians can't move units that are in their colonies... but maybe it will increase the fighting in colonies when Italy comes to war.
These are all changes I see for the moment, but I only played for 10 turns...

I confirm that troops inside colonies cant move but only for the first few turns. In 39-45 I played England and those troops in Egypt cant move arround untill war is declared or more precisely untill Egypt is allied with England.

I confirm that troops inside colonies cant move but only for the first few turns. In 39-45 I played England and those troops in Egypt cant move arround untill war is declared or more precisely untill Egypt is allied with England.

I made a mistake here, it cant be when England is allied with Egypt since they are at start. It is at turn 7 when at war with Germany that you can move in Egypt.

I hope i will find some time during our wedding preparations to test this baby ^^

Some bugs are beyong me to see but I can tell the AI do air sweep, intercept and seem to play more smart overall. The impassable feature work right so far and I didnt got a ctd like with Fall of france in 1936-1945. With the fog of war off and AI doing intercept and sweep its imperative to build air units asap because you can be bombed anywhere as long as you are in range.

Hard to tell if its my pc or something else but I got a (fgxrenderer11 present failed hr=dxgi_error_device_removed. driver failure) while being bombed. It seem many peoples have this issue and they all have different kind of pc and/or viseo card.

Not sure why, but now Operation Weserubung deforests all the woodland in Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium, and the Baltic states instead of spawning the German paratroopers in Norway as it should have. I can post a picture of the bug if you want me to though it might be best for you to just complete the project and see for yourself.

the "deforestation" is a problem from the impassable territory option, the graphical elements are not shown by the game engine for custom feature. You should have that graphical problem since the start of your game.

and thanks, I'll look at the Operation triggering for bugs.

Operations were correctly triggered in v.30 ?

ok, I have no idea of what I have changed that has disabled them... for those playing the allied on the 1939 map, did you noticed the axis AI being able to use the Norway invasion operation ?

edit: Tasties, you were playing axis or allied ?

i still havent gotten G&K yet... is this the version that converts mainly to that platform?

no, still for basic civ5

In my case Operation Weserubung is triggered every turn since the first occurence but no troops appears anywhere. And now that you mention it I didnt remember having seen it since ver 29 but not sure. I play British atm.

I still can't build any fighter with the USA on 1942 map (cities with small air manufactory). And am I supposed to be able to build some better tanks in the early game with the USA ? Because I can't.

But the 1939 Europe Map works very well with no fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom