[Beta] R.E.D. WWII Edition v.31 - Need testers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gedemon

As I discovered that the harbor building option is not available in all the cities that are next to a water tile, I began taking a closer look at the improvements/buildings in a Japanse city (e.g., Tokyo, Kyoto) and discovered that units and building alike are not available (e.g., Tokyo has a Land Factory, but I cannot build any tanks; Kyoto has a Large Air Factory, but I cannot build any bombers).

This seems to be a major issue in beta2.

I am not sure whether this is done intentionally or not, but it somewhat surpises me.

UPDATE: I can BUILD the Type 1 Tank in Tokyo, I cannot BUY it! The same goes for Kyoto and the Sally Bomber. The harbor thing remains the only building problem.
UPDATE 2: Where can I find my logfile? I just had one of my messerschmitts attacking an enemy unit (playing as Japan).

when you don't have enough money to build an unit, it's not shown on the list. For the harbor, T_KCommanderbly may have wanted some restriction on building type in cities, just ask on the 1942 thread. I so, I will remove the option "embarking from harbor only" from this scenario.

Haven't tried beta 2 yet, but without fog its kinda easy to avoid the brittish navy and totally dominate their convoys. :)

I do however like the idea of a ultra project and such, anything will be better than no fog at all :)

I played British with nofog so far and I was able to deal with the naval. I imagine how easy it will be for an axis player to stop almost all convoy and since convoys are very important for Britain...

UPDATE 2: Where can I find my logfile? I just had one of my messerschmitts attacking an enemy unit (playing as Japan).
see first post of the bug reports thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=472359

I played British with nofog so far and I was able to deal with the naval. I imagine how easy it will be for an axis player to stop almost all convoy and since convoys are very important for Britain...
Yes, I suppose I will have to add the invisibility promotion in a new beta...

Thinking further of Enigma/Ultra, I think we can add a new "decipher communications" process (like wealth, "buy war bonds", "we need you") available to cities with radio tower, that will give a probability to that city to remove the invisibility promotion of one enemy units and all other in a 2-3 tiles radius, within the range of the antenna (8-10 tiles maybe)

Then Enigma Machine and Ultra could be projects that would lower/raise the probability of deciphering communications with the process.

How would that work for units then, can they get a promotion that increases their stealth/chance to see stealthed units and/or the range of that detection ?

New beta, I hope the last before v.31 final...

Added 2 scenarios: T_KCommanderbly's Earth 1936, and a small version of the 1939-1945 Europe map.

Please, for comments on the earth map, use this thread.

For the small Europe, you can give feedback here, it's a map with cities only, and no pre-placed units or buildings. You can't build any navy on it, and it has no events... It's to be tested on computers that can't handle the other maps.

Download the beta 4 here.

crash fix in some case during "fall of France" on the euro/america 1936 map. (but not yet a fix to the random crash)

Any ETA on when a finalized v31 comes out?

nop, there are 2 things I'd like to implement before final: restore units escaping captured cities, and the invisibility promotion for units that are not on front line or near one of your unit. I don't know how long it will take.

Are you interested in crashes? Not sure if this has to do with an intercept.

Settings where:

Deity Italy, 1939
v.31 Beta 2
extreme mod
All DLC disabled

It crashes at the begining of the ai's first move during turn 10-11:

[6353.905] RedMain: Game turn = 11, combat #122
[6353.905] RedMain: -1st Fighter Squadron (PZL P.11) IsOutOfInterceptions has changed, now is false and was true
[6353.905] RedMain: - unit now have 1 left

Unfortunately I didn't get far enough to test out your specific requests. The AI did have some intense air battles though. I'm trying out 4 now.

Amazing mod can't wait for the release

Hi Gedemon,

About the units escaping cities. I actually think you have fixed it! Maybe not for everything, (because I haven't got there yet) though.

I was playing as Germany 1936 with v.4 of the mod files. I captured Reims which had five Hawk-75s based in the city. They all escaped to Paris with 29 damage to each! That was interesting.

But I'm having some very bad issues with v.4, which I will post in Bug Reports.

Thanks!

Hi Gedemon,

About the units escaping cities. I actually think you have fixed it! Maybe not for everything, (because I haven't got there yet) though.

I was playing as Germany 1936 with v.4 of the mod files. I captured Reims which had five Hawk-75s based in the city. They all escaped to Paris with 29 damage to each! That was interesting.

But I'm having some very bad issues with v.4, which I will post in Bug Reports.

Thanks!

units will escape when the human player is attacking a city with a decent defense, but when the AI is attacking (or the human is taking a city that still has more than a few HP left), the escape won't be triggered.

Hei Gedemon, I wanted to try the new small european map, but when I load the scenario and select the civ I cannot go any further. I click on the start button but nothing happens...what am I doing wrong?

have you updated the data files to v.4 ?

Now that I have figured out how to run my map (it has not failed), I should have the first stages of the scenario out before version 31 is on the steam workshop.
I uploaded all my file attempts on the page.

With the announce of the DLL source code *really soon* (what date is the end of "fall" ?), I'm not going anymore to try to fix back the mod to pre-patch .674 state using Lua hack, and I'll wait to look at the C++ code.

I'll release v.31 without more change to the "core" mod's code, but do you think something need urgent fixing before public release ?

With the announce of the DLL source code *really soon* (what date is the end of "fall" ?), I'm not going anymore to try to fix back the mod to pre-patch .674 state using Lua hack, and I'll wait to look at the C++ code.

I'll release v.31 without more change to the "core" mod's code, but do you think something need urgent fixing before public release ?

Aw, so no XP for intercepting for a while, huh?

Did you get my mod on the Greece thread? It's my best attempt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom