Better Report Screen (UI)

Better Report Screen (UI) 7.0

Infixo

Deity
Infixo submitted a new resource:

Better Report Screen (vanilla, R&F) - Better Report Screen

Description
Adds Units, Deals and many QoL improvements to the Report Screen.
- "Go to City" function (click on City name) in Yields and City Status tabs.
- "View unit", "Promote unit", "Upgrade unit" functions in Units tab.
- Condensed Building and Units expenses.
- Visual enhancements to the City Status tab.
- Checkboxes in Resource tab.
- Units shown in 9 separate groups.
- Sort by clicking headers.

Works with vanilla game and Rise & Fall expansion.

Credits

Read more about this resource...

Excellent implementation of important ideas.

PS; I would like to discuss something else with you -- in private or otherwise if you'd prefer.

Here's a quick mockup which basicly reveals what i'm (or we could together!) aiming for.

Parsing the "Scores" by types while a swift version of LUA/XML codes currently are handling the custom panel instances.

Last edited:
Thank you! Your mod is great! :c5happy:

So, I have added Japanese translation to this mod.
Please marge it.

But some words is not translated. Please see images I added.
And I hope you to update this mod.
deals.png units.png

Attachments

• BetterReportScreen_Text.xml
    4.5 KB · Views: 368
So, I have added Japanese translation to this mod.
Please marge it.
But some words is not translated. Please see images I added.
Thanks! I will certainly add those translations :)
There are still several strings inside the code that I need to put into .xml (from original mod). I will be cleaning this up, so If you want to help I will let you know when the final version will be ready, so could translate few more.

Thanks! I will certainly add those translations :)
There are still several strings inside the code that I need to put into .xml (from original mod). I will be cleaning this up, so If you want to help I will let you know when the final version will be ready, so could translate few more.
Thank you. I will help you and I am waiting for update.

Hi Infixo, cobber51 here. Please find attached some zipped files including all of the mods that I have active when I encounter the issue I reported, as well as the logs file with all the logs that you may need, some auto saves with the issue and a screenshot of the issue as well. If there is anything more that you need from me let me know via Steam as I'm always monitoring the comments of mods that I have subscribed to in the workshop, including this mod. Hope that these files help you to find the issue.

Well, there's the screenshot at least, the other zipped files might take a bit longer to upload no thanks to the fairly useless Aussie broadband that I am having to use to do it.

Attachments

• Blank Units Promotion Screen.png
    Blank Units Promotion Screen.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Sorry for this being a bit spammy, not what I intended but the uploading process is being bothersome to say the least. I still haven't uploaded the zipped file containing all the mods I am using, including Military Doctrines, and I won't be able to upload it until tomorrow my time now sorry, as it is timing out whenever I try at the moment, it's almost 10:30pm here now and I have an early start for work tomorrow. I'll try to upload the last zipped file containing those mods as soon as possible tomorrow so that you can look at the files for Military Doctrines if you need to.

Attachments

• MD & BRS Autosaves and Screenshot.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 200
  • MD & BRS Logs.zip
    382.1 KB · Views: 183
@jakob51 I looked into the Military Doctrines mod. It has own version of UnitPromotionPopup that overwrites standard game mechanism of choosing a promotion. Any other mod that overwrites UnitPromotionPopup will cause conflict. BRS has its own version to allow for promotion click in the report.
I am a bit surprised that the author actually changed this window instead of just following standard promotion guidelines in the game. The mod adds a ton of new promotions, but doesn't remove old ones. So, in order to use the new system, the mod cheats on the UI level and simply doesn't display standard promotions. Very strange solution.
Anyway, if you remove the UnitPromotionPopup.lua from BRS, you will be able to use Military Doctrines. Only downside is that you won't be able to use promotion button in the report screen.

@jakob51 I looked into the Military Doctrines mod. It has own version of UnitPromotionPopup that overwrites standard game mechanism of choosing a promotion. Any other mod that overwrites UnitPromotionPopup will cause conflict. BRS has its own version to allow for promotion click in the report.
I am a bit surprised that the author actually changed this window instead of just following standard promotion guidelines in the game. The mod adds a ton of new promotions, but doesn't remove old ones. So, in order to use the new system, the mod cheats on the UI level and simply doesn't display standard promotions. Very strange solution.
Anyway, if you remove the UnitPromotionPopup.lua from BRS, you will be able to use Military Doctrines. Only downside is that you won't be able to use promotion button in the report screen.

Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate it. As to your suggested solution, I love it, as I never used the promotions button in the report screen anyway, so to me that isn't a big loss, but instead a big gain as it means using both mods concurrently again. Thank you very, very much for looking into it for me. :D:goodjob:

Version 2.0 text file including Japanese language.

Attachments

7.3 KB · Views: 416
Thx. Great job!

Some comments:
  • on the City Status Report screen, can u switch the values in the Amenities column (Max/Actual ---> Actual/Max), like you did with the Population column?
  • there is some localization problems, do u need help to find them? (I'm french)

Version 2.0 text file including Japanese language.
That was quick.. I hadn't finished cleaning up, only now.
So, a few more lines to translate, please.

Attachments

• BetterReportScreen_Text_ja_JP.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 349
    3.7 KB · Views: 313
on the City Status Report screen, can u switch the values in the Amenities column (Max/Actual ---> Actual/Max), like you did with the Population column?there is some localization problems, do u need help to find them? (I'm french)
Ad. 1. The values displayed are Actual/Max. Nothing to switch here...
Ad. 2. Yeah, I was doing some cleanup today and there are many strings missings. If you could help, then translate the attached file. You can find English originals in the post above.

Attachments

• BetterReportScreen_Text_fr_FR.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 344
Ad. 1. The values displayed are Actual/Max. Nothing to switch here...
Ad. 2. Yeah, I was doing some cleanup today and there are many strings missings. If you could help, then translate the attached file. You can find English originals in the post above.

Ad.1. Sorry but I'm pretty sure it's not Actual/Max for Amenities. It's not on your screenshot (https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/v2city-jpg.489903/) and it's not in my game. Should I need to start a new game or something else? :confused:
Ad.2. I have updated the requested file. I think there are some tags missing for a full localization. If you need help to find them, ask me. :thumbsup:

Thx again.

EDIT: Duplicate uploaded file. I don't know how to delete one.

Attachments

4.9 KB · Views: 420
    4.9 KB · Views: 367
That was quick.. I hadn't finished cleaning up, only now.
So, a few more lines to translate, please.
Thank you.:c5happy::c5happy:

I've cleaned it up. All words have been translated.

Attachments

• BetterReportScreen_Text_ja_JP.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 329
Ad.1. Sorry but I'm pretty sure it's not Actual/Max for Amenities. It's not on your screenshot (https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/v2city-jpg.489903/) and it's not in my game. Should I need to start a new game or something else? :confused:
Ad.2. I have updated the requested file. I think there are some tags missing for a full localization. If you need help to find them, ask me. :thumbsup:

Thx again.

EDIT: Duplicate uploaded file. I don't know how to delete one.
Yup, Amenities. Exactly like in the screenshot. 7th column from the left, names "Amenities". Displays "current amenities" / "required amenities". Amenities are not limited (no MAX amenities). You can have MORE than required and be ecstatic.

Yup, Amenities. Exactly like in the screenshot. 7th column from the left, names "Amenities". Displays "current amenities" / "required amenities". Amenities are not limited (no MAX amenities). You can have MORE than required and be ecstatic.
Yes you are completely right. My phrasing was wrong. What I wanted was more like what you did with Housing: "current city population" / "current cap housing" (to be able to see when you need to increase your housing before gaining a malus in growth). So for Amenities, it should be logical to see: "required amenities" / "current cap amenities" (to be able to see when you need to increase your amenities to gain a bonus or to avoid a malus in growth). It's more conventional to see if the first number is always smaller than the second number. With of course the help of the font color for the different malus. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom