Better Tech Tree (UI)

Better Tech Tree (UI) 3.2.1

Infixo

Deity
Infixo submitted a new resource:

Better Tech Tree - Shows more info in Tech and Civics Trees, adds ~100 new unique icons

Description
Shows more info in Tech and Civics Trees. Adds ~100 new unique icons for:
- Eureka boosts (*) - tech icon in a bluish circle,
- Inspiration boosts (*) - civic icon in a pinkish circle,
- Resource harvests - resource icon in a red circle,
- Improvement yield bonuses (**) - improvement icon in a green dome,
- Additional spies - a spy icon in a green square,
- Tourism changes - a tourism icon in a green square

(*) The eureka and inspiration boosts are shown not only for...

Read more about this resource...

I log in just to tell you this bro: When I use this mod with another mods, the tech tree screen cannot be opened. I'm using rise fall. Maybe it's because Quo mod? Its the only thing in my mods changing the tech tree.

Wow, you replied! Thanks...

As of my problem, it is because I didn't update the game, my version was 220. I Recently updated to 257 and it works fine.

Temporary fix for CQUI to remove double gov icons.

You need to add word "else" to the file civicstree.lua from CQUI. This file can be found in your Steam folder: <...>\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1125169247\Assets\UI\Screens\civicstree.lua.
Around line 506 there is:
Code:
    if node["unlockGOV"] == nil then
      node["unlockGOV"] = InstanceManager:new( "GovernmentIcon", "GovernmentInstanceGrid", node.UnlockStack );
      node["unlockGOV"]:DestroyInstances()
    end
The word "else" should be added in-between, so it will look like this:
Code:
      node["unlockGOV"] = InstanceManager:new( "GovernmentIcon", "GovernmentInstanceGrid", node.UnlockStack );
   else
    end
"Else" is present in the standard file, so it is clearly a mistake. I will report this to CQUI Team, but until they fix this oficially you can use the above approach.

Temporary fix for CQUI to remove double gov icons.

You need to add word "else" to the file civicstree.lua from CQUI. This file can be found in your Steam folder: <...>\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1125169247\Assets\UI\Screens\civicstree.lua.
Around line 506 there is:
Code:
    end
The word "else" should be added in-between, so it will look like this:
Code:
   else
    end
"Else" is present in the standard file, so it is clearly a mistake. I will report this to CQUI Team, but until they fix this oficially you can use the above approach.

Wow what a simple fix thanks. Are the CQUI guys even around still? I feel like you should join them and fix some things, but that would be a endeavor. Thanks for the fix anyways.

Wow what a simple fix thanks. Are the CQUI guys even around still? I feel like you should join them and fix some things, but that would be a endeavor. Thanks for the fix anyways.
There has been no activity on GitHub since the last update :(

There has been no activity on GitHub since the last update :(
Yeah I heard Azurency has been AFK for a while. Some of the other guys are around and they usually do updates for their mods in CQUI, but Azurency is the one who rolls the mod out. So I think when Gathering Storm comes out, there won't be no CQUI for a while, maybe. That is the way it was when R&F came out. The good thing is GS is the last Expansion, so CQUI just needs to get to a good place after the update and stay there. I have some other ways to use some of the features in CQUI with subbing to the mods directly and using Sukraits UI Improvement mod.

Infixo updated Better Tech Tree (UI) with a new update entry:

Version 2.0 New icons

Version 2.0
- Added: Icons for unit commands, showing e.g. Corps and Army.
- Added: Icons for embarking units, embarked movement and ocean access.
- Added: Icons for improvement adjacency bonuses.
- Added: Icons for urban defenses, extra diplo visibility, flanking bonuses.
- Added: Icons for removal of features.
- Changed: Resource harvests are shown in a single icon with a tooltip showing all relevant resources, also from community mods.
- Added: By default 31 Star Icons that are fully...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Infixo, attached are my logs. My save games will no longer start after BTT was updated. nothing else has changed. Thank you.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    95.7 KB · Views: 144
Hi Infixo, attached are my logs. My save games will no longer start after BTT was updated. nothing else has changed. Thank you.

[943675.462] [Gameplay] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: Technologies.Cost
[943675.462] [Gameplay] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: Technologies.Cost

The problem is caused by Real Science Pace. It breaks Future techs (which is a separate issue I need to fix, as apparently something changed in the recent patch, this mod worked a month ago).
This in turn causes Real Eurekas to throw an error about missing Giant Deats Robots.

[943675.876] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Boosts.Unit1Type - "UNIT_GIANT_DEATH_ROBOT" does not exist in Units

Update of BTT has nothing to do with it, Lua scripts are not yet loaded when the game returns to the main menu.

You can download the previous version of BTT from CivFanatics - see page Version History at the top - and see if this helps.

@Infixo, yes i know how to edit .sql files.

Just in case this helps, I run nearly every mod that you have made other than RBU and RND (I wasn't sure if the AI would know how to use them).

I also, have "Remove GDR", "Jamf's Difficulty Mod", "religion Expanded", "Gift it to me", "No Nuclear Disasters", "Civilizatation Minimum Distance 4", "Simplified Gossip", "Suzerain at a Glance", "Even more reports", "TCS Free Walls for City-States" and "FortifAI" I increased the AI bonus higher than Jamf originally had to try to keep the AI competitive as the Era's pass.

Real Science Pace
In the file SlowerEras.sql you need to add Future era in 2 places like below:
Before (line 26)
Code:
            ('ERA_INFORMATION',-40);
After:
Code:
            ('ERA_INFORMATION',-40),
            ('ERA_FUTURE',     -40);
Similar in Civics section (line 88).
======================
So, the Giant Death Robot error comes from Eurekas and "Remove GDR" mod then, not RSP. There is a new boost that requires building 1 GDR.
To fix it, you need to remove 2 lines from RealEurekas_3_XP2.sql, 43 and 95:
Code:
(527,'OWN_X_UNITS_OF_TYPE','OWNXU_GDR_1','GIANT_DEATH_ROBOT',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,0,NULL,NULL,0,NULL,NULL,NULL),
(116,2,527),

Top Bottom