Beyond Future Mod Project

Azythena

Chieftain
Hello. So I have been working on a mod to bring over all the beyond earth unit models into civ 5 including the aliens. I am going to make it future worlds and community patch compatible, but I have run into a little issue along the way. So I have tried adding in the particle effects via fake dlc using the expansion 2 in the civ 5 folder, but whenever any of the beyond earth units animate with the fake dlc active it crashes the game. Any idea on how to fix this before I get into writing ftxsml files for the particles.

certain particle effects work and some do not. some make the game crash, some do nothing but some a lucky few work and can be added to civ 5.

i have added a few working particle effects from beyond earth and a few i made to my mod here.

it is a mod just adding the particles to the game nothing else. the effects need a improvement/building/unit to reference it.
one day after i do a big update ill be making it into its own dlc mod, not just piggy backing off expansion 2 like it is atm.
i was just to lazy at the time to write up a dlc file
for now i have only posted effects for things people requested, but i do plan to add many many more. they just aren't relevant yet.

if you do find some particle effects from BE send them over to me ill add them to my collection. i just need the particle effect file.
i want my effects mod to contain all new effects added to the game so it can be the one stop shop mod component effect wise.

also im on the same quest ill be bringing over civ BE aliens for my mod here but im not near that part yet

Last edited:
ill also help out with the fx triggers if and when i can I'm great at those.
ill eventually be doing it myself, ill send over what i do if you don't get around to it.
idk when could be a while off idk yet.

but if i had a buddy to do it with i could look into civ BE early and gut it for civ 5. i plan to take it all even terrain.

Last edited:
here is the city set i was doing for the aliens
i was flushing out the cultural models before i brought over the aliens to the game.

this is a failed version but a good idea of what im doing for. sets me up to see what i like/dont like and see what it needs to make it look right.
like all my bug caves the hole isn't big enough to tell what it is, they only look like a funky rock. they were ment to be sorta like ant hills or the entrance to something.
and the visible seems in some of the hive textures.

i also planned on reskinning the aliens to make them look like marro from heroscape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom