Beyond The Sword

Nah, you haven't :p
Like no one has shown any interest so I guess I'll leave this as it is. :lol:

If you tried that barb mod on Warlords as a succession game. It was overexciting for me when I was playing it and challenging. And it is not a necessary victory at all!

BTW, don't be depressed. It happens. People here have tasted so much diversity they need something revolutionary to attract their attention.

I don't actually have warlords installed on my PC :lol:
Fair enough, well I'll play this and test it out in my own time instead :)

Well, I do want to learn EE. Is there anything stopping just the two of us from playing this out? (Well, other than the fact that I will drive you nuts with my insane noobishness. :p)

No, not at all :) If you want to do that, that's fine.

The reason I did this was because I wanted to learn EE :)

Maybe if we start playing, someone else might end up interested :lol: (or may pity us two :lol: )

Edit: Posted a screenshot and save. Do you want to go first?

Looked at the start save. We seem to have 7 riverside tiles we can cottage. This is going to be a killer production city. Solid Bur cap too. :)

The good :
Trees and hills for chopping out the Great Wall.
Adequate riverisdes for cottaging.
Riverside Corn baby! :goodjob:

The bad:
Looks to be desert to the South. :(
We seem to have started on one end of the continent. (Would have liked to start in the middle so we won't have our hand forced on who to spy upon.)

I would prefer it if you started things off. I am just now learning Immortal and wouldn't want to mess up the start. :)
Should we even go for Oracle here since GW is more important? I would like to go Mining -> BW -> Masonry.

I'm not a strong immortal player myself by the way. I make lots of mistakes all the time and have only won a couple of games on Imm. But EE isn't worth it on lower difficulties because you can easily blow away the AI in research ;)

Solid Bureau capital definitely! :) But this won't be an easy map. We will almost never have a tech lead; always tech parity so something like a HA rush or Cuir rush just wouldn't work as well.

We do seem to be on the north west of our continent based on the start.
I think Mining->BW->Masonry seems reasonable.

Edit: TO has some synergy with Gilgs but I don't know the feasibility of it.

That is our start. Only one unforested hill.

Worker first, researching Mining followed by BW. Going to chop out TGW and see if TO is feasible.

Seems good? :)

Well, that was fairly quick :) :) :)

We've explored a reasonable amount of land, found quite a few good city locations I think.

Our capital needs some working though because it's working an unimproved tile. But we will fix that soon with the whip *evil laugh* :lol:
I'm not even sure of TGW dates on Imm so let's just be quick as we can :p

Attachments

• Espionage Economy BC-3000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    63.3 KB · Views: 149
Checking in to say I got the save. Will look about and post a plan. :)

Edit:
What I plan on doing next is moving the Worker to the Grassland hill 1 NW of cap. The warriror newly built will head straight North to explore and fog-bust. City will start on a settler.

Worker will chop that Grassland hill for settler, then mine it.

Settler will be sent to the Gold/Marble/Pigs site to the East to start blocking off Asoka.

That site is ambitious and downright insane if we weren't creative. Feel free to veto and suggest something better. :)

South is Jungle and I figure we will come to blows with Alexander whether we want to or not. For this reason, I will switch EP focus onto Asoka. (He is the better techer anyway)

The current warrior will fall back to spawn bust for the gold site. After Masonry, I will start on Animal Husbandry. Once the settler is done, I will swap into Slavery while he is in transit and then chop-chop-chop TGW. The dot-map you see in the pic is only tentative and I am willing to change if you want to do something differently.

Does that plan sound ok to you? And how many turns am I supposed to play?

We're creative. It's a good site especially with gold. I think it should build a worker first however. We need another worker so that after taking out a detour on TGW, we can quickly chop out settlers to make up for that detour.

I don't think we ought to focus our EP just yet actually although I NEVER focus EP so if you feel it would be wise to do so, go for it :) Ideally, we want to be stealing every tech the AI have and research what they are not researching. To do that, we need enough EP on both of them.

Let's see if we can get city 3 coastal so we can send out a workboat to scout the continent for TR's and other AI.

Play for as long as you see reasonable.

Worker micro so far seems good, new warrior fog busting seems good, settler is good.

Green light :)

you could most probably do double worker start if you land soon BW...

it's not good to play 25 turns at start in one go though imo.

I understand you wanted GW and all, but masonry before BW here...very very questionable

you could most probably do double worker start if you land soon BW...

it's not good to play 25 turns at start in one go though imo.

I understand you wanted GW and all, but masonry before BW here...very very questionable

Already have BW :) PPP mentioned Mining->BW->Masonry :)

Idk, I feel that the early map has so little to it that it makes sense to play a longer turnset.

We're creative. It's a good site especially with gold. I think it should build a worker first however. We need another worker so that after taking out a detour on TGW, we can quickly chop out settlers to make up for that detour.

I don't think we ought to focus our EP just yet actually although I NEVER focus EP so if you feel it would be wise to do so, go for it :) Ideally, we want to be stealing every tech the AI have and research what they are not researching. To do that, we need enough EP on both of them.

Let's see if we can get city 3 coastal so we can send out a workboat to scout the continent for TR's and other AI.

Play for as long as you see reasonable.

Worker micro so far seems good, new warrior fog busting seems good, settler is good.

Green light :)

Worker first in new city. Copy that.

As for EP, I always focus them on the best techer in the game. Usually, that helps me plan my own tech path out as I can figure out what I should tech to get trades. In an EE game, I would assume that doing so will let us steal 'monopoly' techs and then shamelessly barter them around for even more techs. :mischief: (Come to think of it, isn't Lying, Cheating and Stealing all EE is about? :lol:)

Coastal city sounds good. I will play fifteen and pass it back to you. We can figure out a rhythm as the game progresses and turns start taking longer. :)

Hey guys :wavey:

I saw that SG posted a while back: Space Race with EE on monarch level?!? That would take forever, that AI would never get our techs done!

Now, it looks a lot more interesting. I'd like joining if you don't mind.

I used to play quite a lot of civ a while back, completed tons of SGs (not just those from my sig, at some point I was too lazy to update it further :p) as well as solo games where I got quite a few nice deity wins :) However, I lost interest and stopped playing altogether. I'm quite a bit rusty but I'd get back into shape soon (I hope ;)).

Gilgamesh is actually my favourite leader, in my opinion by far the strongest restricted civ/leader combo. I actually did run a few EE games so that's not something completely new for me.

If you'll have me I'll post some comments on the game.

Hello Mystyfly.

I have no issues with you coming on-board. Revent and I were hoping more people would pity us and join us. :lol:

I have given this game some more thought. (Haven't played it yet)

I think we should try for Oracle. Even before AH. It will mean we can't improve the Pigs in new city. But we will want to work the gold there initially anyway. I think we should Oracle Code of Laws as having a Holy City helps with spy mission costs.

Thoughts?

Mystyfly is an ace player. You'll be glad to have him on board.

It did suck we could not complete those Deity SGs, mysty

I used to play quite a lot of civ a while back, completed tons of SGs (not just those from my sig, at some point I was too lazy to update it further :p)

Hi from another old timer. ;)

Top Bottom