Big 'goto'-screwup - Firaxis PLEASE fix!!!

How can it be that barbarian see more of the map than a human would (i.e. can see asettler two tiles away when a human horseman would be unable to see that settler), but the human settler still moves NEXT TO A SHOWN barb when he is on goto??????

Firaxis, please change the goto-command for defenceless units! If I play on huge maps, I spend about 10% of my time unecessarily conrtolling settlers and workers by hand that really could be automated, like 'road-to'.

this is especially annoying if it combines wiht the way auto-moves are handled: no chance to stop them once they start :(

That's the second time you complain Killer, on a related topic. You want to remind them or what?

I understand your frustration however.

Yndy: I complained about somthing similar long ago - correct. I never realized that settlers are programmed so dumb until now :(

and I WILL continue to complain. I do not know what got Firaxis to include the ability to sort cities by name in the latest patch, but maybe, just maybe it was repeated complaints.

I agree. Furthermore, i hate my auto-workers going on duty next to enemy's
border when a war has already been started (there was a thread about similar
things a few days ago). So, auto-units should be aware of any danger and
avoid going to these locations (if i'd like to have them there around, i
will send them manually and have their protection on my mind).

I think the solution would be for auto things to require a distance from enemy units that is as big as the movement rate of the fastest threat. That is two if there|s horsemen around, three for Cavalry.

Agreed
Up till now, i avoid automating my units 'cause soon enough, i go into trouble every time i do. And that's loooooooots of work...
:(

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
I think the solution would be for auto things to require a distance from enemy units that is as big as the movement rate of the fastest threat. That is two if there|s horsemen around, three for Cavalry.

Don't forget six for Conquistadors, two (three?) for Keshiks.

Perhaps instead of re-routing the unit, because of the different distanaces involved, if you get near an enemy unit, the cursor will change, or not allow the move. And if something moves in range, stop the unit. I thought that was a pref. tho. . .

I must concur. Workers, settlers, explorers should NOT walk into a visible enemy.

When are we going to get another patch? ******ed worker automation is by far the biggest time-waster, and having to micromanage all my cities + lux rate into AD is another irritation.

I complained of a similar problem in the bug thread last December. Automove units will sail into enemy ZOC around cav, mi, tank, ma's and take damage. I also complained about a non-functional governor who let the pop stagnate.

However, it is possible to interrupt auto-moves if a non-automated unit gets focus first.

I did not know that barbs could see everything - that makes more sense now.

This can be done under Preferences: "Cancel orders for enemy combat unit," the 11th option from the bottom. The same option regarding friendly combat units appears just above.
This is in vanilla Civ3, and AFAIK has existed through all the patches.

The unstopable automoves on the other hand, I know of no way to fix.

sealman: I agree, I even have them sail 1 tile past when 'cancel for enemy' is on, as he may semi-pass diagonally, then require a move furhter past because there is no rail on the other tiles. Loose the tunr or loose a HP each is the result :(

Top Bottom