Bill O'Reilly, Rev Wright = David Duke

Because the government need not be "filled" with racists to be "racist."

Not totally no. But it would have to be a large majority.

If only a small portion of the people in the government are racist, then its policies will be tilted towards racism, even if the rest of the people aren't racist at all.

Thats simply ridiculous. If only a small portion are racist, then they will be pointed out for being so. However, for the government to be racist and actually institute racist policies, then the majority will have to be racist in order to enact those policies.

Remember, our government works on a MAJORITY basis....not a 'small portion' basis.

For example, not every white person in the Jim Crow South was racist; and yet the Jim Crow South was clearly "racist."

Thats because the majority of whites in the Jim Crow South were actually racist!!...not all of them sure...but a good majority were in order to enable such an environment to exist.

This is a good point. The institution is racist, not the individual.

Institutions cant be racist without the racists making them racist.

Neomega said:
Name one movie with a black lead and white sidekick, and I can name ten movies with a white lead and black sidekick

So approx. 10% of movies, which is pretty close to the proportion of the black population of America (12%).

The 'blacks are always the thugs' thing is so pre-80's. Since then, in movies there have been more black police chiefs, FBI agents and Mayors in movies than there was in all the real life major US cities. In 'wild west' movies made today there are black cowboys who aren't treated any differently. Roles originally scripted for a white man is reserved for a black man so the movie has a mix of races and not be accused of racism.

David duke is 10 times better than the others. David duke is Jesus
Careful there. You just compared David Duke to a Jew. If any of Duke's buddy's hear you say that, they'll break you thumbs, white supremacist brother or not.

Aegis
Saying people in the ME planned 9/11 because of a US conspiracy to kill off an ethnic group within our country with an engineered virus is equally crazy.

Who's claiming that? Use a quote, not even Wright made that assertion.

The people who were killed were innocent, but the country as a whole (the government) was not.

Well, I'm not into the shared guilt trip so much. I know we vote and we get the government we "allow" but I hold a small clique of politicians and their bureaucratic and corporate allies and much of the "mainstream" media responsible. We dont really have constitutional gov't (much less democratic), our government lies to us and keeps us ignorant. Most of those people would not have died on 9/11 if our "leaders" kept us informed about the threat they were inducing in the ME. The people on all 4 planes would have prevented the attack had they known AQ was determined to attack us within the USA and that the use of hi-jacked planes would be a likely means.

You really don't see a difference?

I see a big difference, one church enabled and protected pedophiles for decades while another is guilty of making a few false and/or controversial claims about the gov't.

Do you truly expect every single Catholic to stop going to church and denounce their faith because of the molestation debacle?

I dont expect Catholics to leave their church. Nor do I expect them to chastise others for staying with their churches thru thick and thin. You missed the point... O'Reilly and Hannity are blasting Obama for not leaving his church while they stayed with the Catholic Church in spite of its pedophile problems. Thats called hypocrisy... Do as I say, not as I didn't...

Who was it that said that the church is the people, not the leaders nor the building nor the creed nor its philosophy? Pretty sure it was someone important. Like in the bible and stuff.

Churchgoers don't stay at a church because of the pastor or priest, or pope they stay for the community that's there.

Apparently you never watched Soul Train. And your're getting the wrong message....the message I get is that some whites are perfectly fine with blacks being racist and will even join in with them in doing it.

I've seen it a few times and you didn't answer my question - Soul Train hired and paid dancers. Do you have evidence Wright hired and paid whites to attend? If not, find a proper analogy instead of trying to salvage that one because it sank already. And since you have failed to quote these racists statements it tells me the congregation interprets their preacher differently than you. And since they've listened for decades and you haven't, I'll need actual proof from you to counter their years of experience.

So since when is merely staying in Saudi Arabia 'state sponsored terrorism'? :rolleyes:

Who said it was? :rolleyes: Thats when they started attacking us and they said at the time that was why they were attacking us.

Actually, they have been calling us 'the great Satan' for our freedom (they view it as immorality) for a very long time now.

Oh BS, AQ supposedly dont like our culture but we became the Great Satan after we got involved over there. Like you said, when did they ever like our freedom? What changed? Damn near the whole world is immoral in their eyes, but they have a record of attacking nations that invade or occupy their area. Rudy's lie endangers us, its why 9/11 was pulled off. We were asleep because our politicians dont tell us the truth and we were largely ignorant of the threat and why it exists.

Actually, no....no its not. And if you even think this, you need help. Seriously.

Its impossible to create a virus or disease that kills people? One that exploded in Africa because of culture? No, its not impossible.

Another lie. Our government never gave syphilis to black men.

Oh thats right, they weren't given syphilis

For forty years between 1932 and 1972, the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) conducted an experiment on 399 black men in the late stages of syphilis. These men, for the most part illiterate sharecroppers from one of the poorest counties in Alabama, were never told what disease they were suffering from or of its seriousness. Informed that they were being treated for “bad blood,” their doctors had no intention of curing them of syphilis at all.

The data for the experiment was to be collected from autopsies of the men, and they were thus deliberately left to degenerate under the ravages of tertiary syphilis—which can include tumors, heart disease, paralysis, blindness, insanity, and death. “As I see it,” one of the doctors involved explained, “we have no further interest in these patients until they die.”

My mistake... No racism there... :scan:

I've seen it a few times and you didn't answer my question - Soul Train hired and paid dancers.

Were they all hired and paid? I was under the impression it was the black version of "American Bandstand". Sure some were professionals, but I also thought they had non-professionals and guests in there dancing as well.

And since you have failed to quote these racists statements

You dont think that saying "The US of KKK" is a racist statement?

Thats when they started attacking us

No, actually, they attacked us long before our military forces were ever in Saudi Arabia.

Oh thats right, they weren't given syphilis

My mistake... No racism there... :scan:

Its one thing to allege that the government purposefully injected blacks with syphilis (which never, ever happened) and another to not treat the disease as part of clinical trials. What happened at Tuskegee was wrong, but it wasnt some huge plot by the government to infect black people.

Were they all hired and paid? I was under the impression it was the black version of "American Bandstand". Sure some were professionals, but I also thought they had non-professionals and guests in there dancing as well. And?

You dont think that saying "The US of KKK" is a racist statement? Not racist, just saying that America is a racist place, he isn't directly saying "White people are evil" he is just exagerrating his argument.

No, actually, they attacked us long before our military forces were ever in Saudi Arabia. America and the terrorists were allies until 1991. America really didn't get much terror from the Arabs, minus the Israel debacle. It's only after the Gulf War that the terrorists starting picking on America. Operation Ajax also accounts for a bit, but not much outside Iran.

Its one thing to allege that the government purposefully injected blacks with syphilis (which never, ever happened) and another to not treat the disease as part of clinical trials. What happened at Tuskegee was wrong, but it wasnt some huge plot by the government to infect black people. They wanted to see what happened, so they injected people. This is a fact. It is not disputable that some black men were given syphilis. Just another part of scientific racism.

Read the red.

America and the terrorists were allies until 1991. America really didn't get much terror from the Arabs, minus the Israel debacle. It's only after the Gulf War that the terrorists starting picking on America. Operation Ajax also accounts for a bit, but not much outside Iran.

What year did the Iranian terrorist take hostages? What year was the Beruit bombing? What year were the U.S. Ambassador to Sudan Cleo A. Noel and other diplomats assassinated at the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Khartoum by members of the Black September organization? What year was U.S. Ambassador Adolph Dubs kidnapped? What year was Ambassador John Gunther Dean's car fired on? What year did Islamic Jihad kidnapped and later murdered Political Officer William Buckley in Beirut, Lebanon? What year was a U.S. Navy sailor murded by hijackers that took over a TWA flight to Rome? What year was U.S. Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel W. Higgins was kidnapped and murdered by the Iranian-backed Hizballah group while serving with the United Nations Truce Supervisory Organization (UNTSO) in southern Lebanon? What year did The Organization of Jihad Brigades exploded a car-bomb outside a USO Club in Naples, Italy, killing one U.S. sailor?

What year did the Iranian terrorist take hostages? What year was the Beruit bombing? What year were the U.S. Ambassador to Sudan Cleo A. Noel and other diplomats assassinated at the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Khartoum by members of the Black September organization? What year was U.S. Ambassador Adolph Dubs kidnapped? What year was Ambassador John Gunther Dean's car fired on? What year did Islamic Jihad kidnapped and later murdered Political Officer William Buckley in Beirut, Lebanon? What year was a U.S. Navy sailor murded by hijackers that took over a TWA flight to Rome? What year was U.S. Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel W. Higgins was kidnapped and murdered by the Iranian-backed Hizballah group while serving with the United Nations Truce Supervisory Organization (UNTSO) in southern Lebanon? What year did The Organization of Jihad Brigades exploded a car-bomb outside a USO Club in Naples, Italy, killing one U.S. sailor?

Most are related to Ajax and Israel, the Arab world didn't really hate America like they do now until the Gulf War. How did we get on this, what happened to Rev. Wright?

Most are related to Ajax and Israel, the Arab world didn't really hate America like they do now until the Gulf War. How did we get on this, what happened to Rev. Wright?

So what are those years again? I'm not seeing any dates in your response.

So what are those years again? I'm not seeing any dates in your response.

I concede, you win. The Middle East hates America and thus America should destroy those evil people. Yes, that's how it should work.

stifled laughter

I concede, you win. The Middle East hates America and thus America should destroy those evil people. Yes, that's how it should work.

stifled laughter
Yes America should destroy terrorist. Do you think we shouldn't and just let then attach? Yes the mid-east does hate America. Did you miss all the "death to America" chants for the last 30 years? Its easy to concede to people who are right.

Yes America should destroy terrorist. Do you think we shouldn't and just let then attach? Yes the mid-east does hate America. Did you miss all the "death to America" chants for the last 30 years? Its easy to concede to people who are right.

Well, I do see where the terrorists are coming from... I truly believe that the whole terrorist problem could have been solved in 2004 had America not invaded Iraq. Your Republican party would have been vindicated and Bush proclaimed a national hero. Rather he invaded Iraq and made even more Arabs hate America. With all the troop strength in Iraq pushed into Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda would have been destroyed within three years.

Were they all hired and paid? I was under the impression it was the black version of "American Bandstand". Sure some were professionals, but I also thought they had non-professionals and guests in there dancing as well.

I dont know, I imagine they were paid in some way - thats kinda how it works. Even if all they expected was exposure for future employment, dont matter. It aint comparable to Wright's church unless you got evidence Wright was paying white people to attend. Hell, what was yer point about Soul Train? ;) That because white people were dancing with black people, (you fill in the rest).

You dont think that saying "The US of KKK" is a racist statement?

No, I dont. Its a commentary on government and policy. Is there context? I'll bet there is if it was in a sermon. I'll bet he tied that statement to racist policies, dontchya think?

No, actually, they attacked us long before our military forces were ever in Saudi Arabia.

AQ didn't exist long before they started attacking us. It was formed in the aftermath of the Russian pull out of Afghanistan. When Saddam invaded Kuwait OBL offered the Saudis AQs services to repel Saddam should he invade Saudi Arabia. The Saudis went with us instead and AQ did not start attacking us while we waged the first Gulf War. They did start attacking us after it became clear we weren't leaving after the war and would stay to enforce sanctions and resolutions against Saddam.

Its one thing to allege that the government purposefully injected blacks with syphilis (which never, ever happened) and another to not treat the disease as part of clinical trials. What happened at Tuskegee was wrong, but it wasnt some huge plot by the government to infect black people.

Was it racist?

Top Bottom