Bismarck Skin for Battleship

mirtan

Chieftain
A new skin for the Battleship unit. Its the orginal camo-paint for the german battleship Bismarck at the time of their probation.

It's particularly suitable for a WWII-Mod

Attachments

• bismarck.jpg
    bismarck.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 5,238
  • battleship.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 838
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawsooooooooooooooooooom

coooooooooooooool!

like a titanic-skin ;) ;) :)

Daimon said:
Nice! Now all we need are some British Cruisers to sink it!;)

lol thats funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roetghoer said:
this will apply to all battleships am i right?

(it shouldn't ... much more fun with Gerries vs Tommies all with own camo's)

You misspelled it!

English-Tommy's
Germans- jerry's, krauts
Russians-Ruski
Japan- Japs

arent russians the ivans? it is at least in germany the case: "der iwan"....
but gerries or jerries is new to me....
and dont forgett the amis :D

Actually, the Bismarck was not sunk by english cruisers (Although for decades it was claimed that the battlegroup of the King George, Rodney, Norfolk etc. did).
When Ballard traveled down to the newly discovered Bismarck in the late 80´s (or early 90´s, i dont remember right now) it showed that she had only minor damage due to enemy fire, but internal vents were opened. So the 2nd largest ship of that time (only its sister, the Tirpitz, was bigger) was sunk by its own crew to avoid capture.

... so far the history outside of CivIV ;-)

Azrael Dragon said:
Actually, the Bismarck was not sunk by english cruisers (Although for decades it was claimed that the battlegroup of the King George, Rodney, Norfolk etc. did).
When Ballard traveled down to the newly discovered Bismarck in the late 80´s (or early 90´s, i dont remember right now) it showed that she had only minor damage due to enemy fire, but internal vents were opened. So the 2nd largest ship of that time (only its sister, the Tirpitz, was bigger) was sunk by its own crew to avoid capture.

... so far the history outside of CivIV ;-)

I have his book in front of me. They went on expeditions in 1985 and 1988/1989 and came to the conclusion that that the Bismark was scuttled. Had it sank normally, large sections of the hull would have imploded with the water pressure, but because the ship was flooded evenly along its length, it didn't do this, suggesting that she was scuttled. Had the crew not sank it, it would have eventually been sank by shell fire anyway.

On-Topic: The skin looks great, good job! :goodjob:

Daimon said:
Nice! Now all we need are some British Cruisers to sink it!;)
No you don't. All you need is a Stuck Torpedo! =) If it wasn't for the torpedo that was got lodge in the rutter (the ship could only turn left or right) so basically it could on only go in a circle and couldn't make it back to a safe port. She was a sitting duck.

German Flagship - 0
Stuck Torpedo - 1

Note: I think the torpedo was droped by a plane. Please correct me if I am wrong.

tora911 said:
Note: I think the torpedo was droped by a plane. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yep by a Fairy Swordfish biplane.

rupertlittlebea said:
think you are missing the torpedo bomber. (bi-plane)

On the Bismarck model? I don't think anyone can model units for Civ4 yet, only reskin them. That's why the model doesn't look all that much like the Bismarck, it just has a really nice skin.

torpedo bomber biplane on the Bismark??
Oh yes, on the stern.

Top Bottom