blast those whiley injuns!

wurrble182

Chieftain
always attacking me when my military is non existant in the earlier portion of the game! our relationship is only -1 or -2 at worst and im barely encroaching on their territory and yet the blighters invade and obliterate my beautiful cities anyway! is there any way i can deal with these blasted native landlubbers??

AI smells weakness, keep a cannon in every city and they will not attack, unless for some reason that tribe controls like half a continent then they have so many brave that it will think your weak and attack. I think with adequate army the threshold is about -10. But if you have an undefended colony they will attack as you noted at -1

Some tribes are easier to get along with than others. I usually end up wiping out Sitting Bull and Oconosota, while remaining friends with the Tupi and Arawak.

Besides the AI starts to conspire against you once you attack other European nations. Colonies can only talk the natives into war, if their diplomacy stance nets a negative total. It's fairly cheap too.

IF you want to avert a war you can send them presents, or wire them some gold via the diplomacy conference call. (for a max +4 for fair trade):deal:

Besides the AI starts to conspire against you once you attack other European nations. Colonies can only talk the natives into war, if their diplomacy stance nets a negative total. It's fairly cheap too.
Which suggest a easy way to deal with it - conspire yourself first ;)

yes they always do seem to pick up their bows and arrows and ninja stars or whatever and come get me when i attack the smelly french or somebody, but when they come and plonk quebec about 5 squares away from my capital in the first ten turns what am i supposed to do?? :crazyeye:

playing on a huge map actually seems to help a bit cos im not encroaching on their territory as much....

just how much do these mooching injuns want in gold for a measly +1 bonus anyway? :p

A Caravel of muskets should be more than enought to make them fall in love with you.

For me it's weird. I'm the french, and my neighbours the Arawaks are really friendly, but the crazy Incas decided to declare war on me to take out my scout.

Now since I'm still happy with the Arawaks, I'd love to get happier with them enough to sign a defense pact, since it's always nice having a friend on your side.

Some tribes are easier to get along with than others. I usually end up wiping out Sitting Bull and Oconosota, while remaining friends with the Tupi and Arawak.

Really, you wipe out poor Oconostota? In my experience the Cherokee are right friendly. Several times they've offered me defensive pacts on our first meeting ;)

In my experience, the Sioux and Apache are the most belligerent. They'll always attack me if I'm on their border and have neglected our relation.

The easiest way to keep them from attacking is to pay them to attack someone else first. I just always avoid giving guns to the tribes right on my border, but will still sell horses which they love me for and makes a good amount of money.

A Caravel of muskets should be more than enought to make them fall in love with you.

Yeah, but if it doesn't, watch out!

I never allow nearby natives to get guns or horses. I generally destroy the units when I can, or burns villages if I have to. Then again, I was always remarkably brutal to the natives in Col1 too. They're great training for your troops while you prepare for the WoI :)

I really am quite a nice person though!

Top Bottom