Blastoid-Gaiyut Expedition (Scouts)

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Blastoid-Gaiyut Expedition (Scouts)

These veterans from the Prochon Warband had just gone to the southern cape of our lands, then followed the Spanish border, crossed the Yassan Fields and the Prochon mountains into The Blastoid Desert, where they managed to sway the tribe of Horseback Riders near the Babylonian lands, and send them to Arete to cultivate horses there. The Blastoid and Gaiyut then followed the lands eastwards, until they reached the ocean, now they face a most dramatic dilemma, standing on a hill overseeing the Babel eastern border.

Up to two more players can sign up for this expedition, please go ahead.

Scouts:

The Blastoid the Geographer
Gaiyut the Tracker
Sindar, Brother of Diamondeye

You will also vote over going southeast, or through Babylonian lands in case we get an Open Border Agreement with our neighbors.

You are in Sindar.

EDIT: I know you lust for those Spanish Gems, so we all know you are in for a sneak peek.

Oh, and dear Blastoid, we would love another one of your last stone age maps (with what we have now), before its all ruined with the discovery of writing, and we can make real maps on parchments.

I am working on one from the current save.

If the rebellion goes on long enough i will even get it done before next turnset

Oh, we are playing tonight, so that is a given, as scheduled.

even if I am not done with oit by then. It will come shortly. I just have a lot of real life things on the plate right now.

Its all good, we are happy we are privileged enough to benefit from your maps.

Now its also time to leave behind catty remarks, doggie style power grabs, snake-like posturing and sheep-like voting and rely on more humane behavior :) So time to be creative again.

Oh, we are playing tonight, so that is a given, as scheduled.

I thought to revolt poll ended tommorow morning?

The blastoid very happy to get away from politics and back to the open woods, free of politics. Some venision and a nice fur coat would be good to:).

The revolt poll ends just before AK begins his session, ironically enough. I knew what I was doing when I asked them to reduce the rebellion time from 14 days to 72 hours.

/ooc kwarriorpoet is my political tune, Seidrik is an RP tune, who skirts with politics, dabbles in food and bear (ok those are his loves, second only to hunting and women or hunting women, lol, and Gaiyut is my explorer/survivalist, while Reimus is with the Prochon warbad. This is just a personal note that I'm making public in a few places so people can help me keep it all straight, lol!

/rp

Gaiyut approaches Sindar and Seidrik as they approach the scouts, who are readying to break camp and explore the Babylonian lands.
"I see you Seidrik, old friend! Who is this young lad you bring with you? Last I saw him, he was throwing rocks at the crabs!"

Seidrik stops several feet from his friend, Gaiyut, and places a hand on Sindar's shoulder, and beams a joking smile at Gaiyut. "This here is the best Rabbit poacher I know! He has the sharp mind needed to find a solution, and the patience to execute it. More importantly, he's young!"

Winking at Seidrik, Gaiyut shouts so The Blastoid can easily over hear the conversation. "So...what you're saying is he'll do all the dirty work for me, eh? Well, there's always room for a pack mu...errr young recruit!"

The older men all shared a private joke at his expense laughing almost like the men who enjoy their burning leafs too much at the inn of Arete. Sindar fixed Gaiyut with his most serious expression, his knuckles flashing white on his flint spear.

Gaiyut put his hands out in a placating gesture, "Seriously boy, Seidrik wouldn't have brought you here if he hadn't thought well of your qualities. Pay no mind to us veterans, you'll have your chance to prove yourself in good time."

"However, most pressing at the moment is The Blastoid over there needs some more cured horse hide that he loves to burn images on for his map making. It's probably the most important thing we scouts do, second only to meeting new people and villages. Old man Finnigan makes the best of it from specially cured horse hide. Take this letter to him with Prochon's signature on it. And hurry, Sindar, we leave shortly!"

With a harumph, Sindar snatched the letter and ran down the hill toward Old man Finnigan's place.

Seidrik turned away from his watch of Sindar's rapid departure and turned back to Gaiyut, this time with a look of pride mixed with hope and sadness. "Take care Gaiyut! It's a wild land out there as you know better than I do. By the time you get back, Aretan may have changed drastically from the land you know now. Best of luck friend and good journeys."

Gaiyut would be glad to be away from the politics of Arete, but he would miss Seidrik and his barbeque. Raising his hand high with his palm toward Seidrik, Gaiyut said his fairwells, and returned to The Blastoid and the final preparations for their expedition.

Seidrik watched his old friend turn away, then headed back to his home between the forest and the river, where he lived, and where he always stood, somewhere between the past and the future, between the wilderness his people had left and the modernity they now embraced.

The Blastoid stares out at the great Eastern Ocean, its waters lapping gently at his feet. He unties his moccosans and wades into the gentle surf reveling in the cool water against his skin.

The squak of the raven is faint but snaps the Blastoid to reality. Word has come from home, the trained ravens has worked. The raven comes down to the Blastoid's outstretched arm. There is a small rolled hide attached to its claws. Thje blastoid removes it and unfurls it and stares at the symbols.

"Gaiyut, Sindar! take down camp! We are on the move again!"

Sindar hastened towards The Blastoid, Bone spear on his back and the cured horse hide tight in his grip. He had been running for what felt like an eternity. He stopped, handed the Blastoid the hide. He excused, slowly walked out of The Blastoids hearing range, behind a small bush. His heart was pounding and his chest was stinging with a sickening pain. He crouched, put his hand on the gorund in the low water, and then, leant foward and threw up. The run had exhausted him. He cleaned his mouth and began to drink, when he heard the Blastoid yell: Gaiyut! Sindar! Take down camp! We are on the move again! He quickly ran to the Blastoid, who was standing with a large, black raven on his arm, and a small message in the other hand. They quickly started towards the camp where Gaiyut was packing their furs and the like, as well as what few weapons they had.

Sindar hastened towards The Blastoid, Bone spear on his back and the cured horse hide tight in his grip. He had been running for what felt like an eternity. He stopped, handed the Blastoid the hide. He excused, slowly walked out of The Blastoids hearing range, behind a small bush. His heart was pounding and his chest was stinging with a sickening pain. He crouched, put his hand on the gorund in the low water, and then, leant foward and threw up. The run had exhausted him. He cleaned his mouth and began to drink, when he heard the Blastoid yell: Gaiyut! Sindar! Take down camp! We are on the move again! He quickly ran to the Blastoid, who was standing with a large, black raven on his arm, and a small message in the other hand. They quickly started towards the camp where Gaiyut was packing their furs and the like, as well as what few weapons they had.

/ooc Well done! :)

The Blastoid returns quickly to the camp, his strides short, with purpose and exonomy of energy. He sets upon packing dried auroch meat and speaks to the others as they gather up the camp.

"We have word from Arete. The Triad has agreed to alow us to enter Babylonian lands. We are to assess there strength both as a people and as soldiers. We will move towards there capitol with the banner of peace and bring this hide to there leader lincoln. It is an offer of Free passage in our borders for there people if they agree to the same with us.
We are not to do anything threatening or rude to the Babylonians. They can be helpfull to our cause. Neverless we need to know what resources they can draw upon if things change in the future.

Sindar. I know the pace of this travel has been hard, but the results have been essential to our civilization. We know the secrets of horseback riding, the others do not because of all of ours efforts and will. We will be able to rest a little soon, for today we are heading to the heart of Babylon and we will be feast on there bounty for a short time."

Once the tents have all been folded up and the provisions packed. They beging to head westward. With Gaiyut in the trees ahead looking for the first signs of the babylon lands.

Please tell us about the fights for survival with the Barbarian Lion 2120 BC and the Barbarian Wolf 2000 BC? A story about the discovery of the foreign power overseas is also a good story.

I am also planning a drinking game with lincoln.

Ooc: I am planning an affair with the daughter of the Babylonian bowyer :p

Ooc: This is happening after the scouts have been in Babylon

Sindar looked thankfully at the Blastoid. "Thank you for noticing. Although the pace is fast, I am convinced this will be some of the best time I will ever have. I love the dangers and risks of the scouting life and I feel honored to be in such good company, with such experienced scouts among us."
They quickly packed the last of their equipment and went west. They travelled fast, with few and short breaks. They started to get used to the colder weather, and travelled with the coast just in sight. They finally had need of the furs they had dragged along. Sindar was walking in his own thoughts some steps behind the others, when Gaiyut cried out:
"look here, both of you!"
Sindar hurried to Gaiyut. He was standing and looking at a seemingly normal spot of grass. Sindar was about to ask him what this was about when Gaiyut continued:
"If you look closely, you will see that many of the grass leaves here are rough or broken. Several animals have been here lately, perhaps at the same time."
Gaiyut followed the track a couple of steps before kneeling down to wipe two fingers at a blade of grass. He stood up and showed his fingers to the others. They both had a slight trace of blood. Gaiyut carefully tasted the blood.
"It seems to be the blood of a deer or the like. It is not many hours since it was spilled. A predator might be in the area. Or, babylonian hunters. We will find out if we follow the track of the wounded animal."
They advanced, at a slightly slower pace, led by Gaiyut, about half a mile or so, before finding the corpse of a deer. Heavy bites was taken out of it and it had been death almost since sunrise, several hours already. Gaiyut kneeled and looked at it. "Definately a predators work... A tiger or lion, probably. We should be careful."
Just as Gaiyut spoke the last words, Sindar caught a glimpse of something moving in the grass, against the wind. He cried out while grabbing his own bone spear: "Gaiyut! Blastoid! Beware! Something in the grass!"
They grabbed their weapons and watched as the grass rumbled and a majestetic female lion leapt towards Sindar. He threw himself to the ground and struck out, with little luck. The lion knocked him off his feet and its' claws were now in the process of trying to decimate his torso. Three lines of red blood already ran from it. It was aiming for his heart, he knew that. His left arm felt stunned and his bone spear was outside of range on his right side. If he could just reach it...

The lion moved its' jaws towards his neck. He closed his eyes and waited for the unbearable pain. Suddenly, the lion was brought out of focus and roared in a low and wounded tone. The Blastoid had threwn his spear and hit the lions' rear very well. The lion was distracted, and lifted its' head to look at the new threat. Sindar used the moment to seize his bone spear and puncture the lungs of the lion, before quickly rolling away from the predator, as it went into a rage before collapsing. Sindar stood up and looked at the others. They were all three sweating heavily. He looked at the dead predator in front of them.
"That was close", he managed to say in astonished relief. "I owe you one, Blastoid."
Gaiyut looked at them both. "We better continue west, quickly. Lions rarely hunt alone"...

((Would it help if I posted the exact(ish) path of the scout? I don't know why I haven't thought of this until now... Unfortunately, I am at work and can't access the screenshots, but I'll do it as soon as I get home this evening. Oh, and keep up the good roleplay!))

Top Bottom