1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blastoid-Gaiyut Expedition (Scouts)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Provolution, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

OOC: Not that I know of.

2. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal watched from atop Hatshepsut's palace as his robelifted in the wind.He pulled out his bow, a long curved piece of charred wood. He then pulled out an arrow with poison dripping from its head. He aimed the bow. His target, Hatshepsut. She was surrounded by guards,. most armed with spears. He aimed at her head, grinned and fired. The arrow missed, instead killing one of the guards. The man fell, the arrow lodged into his skull. Hatshepsut turned and ordered her guards to surrund her. Vandal aimed again, only to find a guard. Vandal desided he would kill the guard, but then spotted Cedric, with Justina. He then lowered his bow and took out an unlit tourch. He then scrapped it with some stone and it lit fire, he then threw it down on top of the palace, it caught a small portion on fire. Vandal smiled but then felt something wrong. He turned to see six archers aiming at him. He watched as they all fired in unison. Vandal was it in the sholder and leg. He fell off of the roof top, he landed on anoher hut, from which he rolled onto the ground. He lay there bleeding. He watched he blood drip from his sholder. He blinked slowly. And then he moved his arm to rip out the arrow in his sholder. He then sat up and ripped the other arrow out, and then stood up. HE limped out of the city. And when he left, he saw the palace roof charred, but no longer burning. He was heading home, to plan, and rest, alone.

3. Diamondeye

As Vandal halted out of town, he was surprised to see Sindar blocking the road ahead of him. The young man held a bone spear by his side, with no visible intentions of using it - it was merely to be sure Vandal would not attack him. He looked at Vandal as he halted, bleeding, to a halt.

"What are you doing here? What is your son doing here? What is happening in Aretania. Tell me everything you know. I have been gone from the empire for too long and need information. I figure you are the one to speak to."

4. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal looked at Sindar right in the eye, his eyes stone gray.
    "Heh.... You think I will surrender Arete's inner workings to you? I am a mercenary, not some puppet of The kings of Arete!"Vandal laughed. Sindar looked serious with his question. Vandal grinned.

"I will answer your questions." Vandal said, as Sindar lowered his guard.
    "I am 'The Dark Agent' and chief of Spanish espionauge. I am here to spy on Madrid, I only attempted to kill Hatshepsut to send Madrid into chaos, and then burn the city to the ground myself." Vandal began," My Son, Cedric, is Hatshepsut's husband, and historian of Madrid. He has two daughters Justina, and Hatshepsut II." He stopped when he felt a chilling pain.
    "Arete is a monarchy, King Dutchfire at the head, in my opinion, they need a new king, but, I have few to no supporters. Arete is at total peace, due to a drop in prices on the Edoria Black Market. Now, If you will excuse me, I will be heading home." Andal left with that only to turn and throw a sword to Sindar which landed in front of him, it had a white blade.

He yelled,"Keep it!"

5. Diamondeye

Sindar looked puzzled at the blade on the ground before him. How many men had Vandal slain with this sword? What consequences would it yield to run around with a symbol of Vandals seemingly merciless slaughter hanging by his side? He decided to pick the sword up, carefully wrap it in furs and put it in his backpack. As he returned to Arkadia, the westmost city of Aretania, he thought of what Vandal had said.

He had tried to assassinate the Spanish queen! This reinvigorated the rumours Sindar had heard of a planned war against Spain. And Hatshepshut was Cedrics wife! Sindar felt sorry for the young man. His father had tried to kill his wife. How unlucky can one be?

Sindar did not know if he could trust Vandal. He had seemed honest, but had stated that he had no loyalties but to the best payer. He was working by his completely own set of ethics. And Dutchfire had become king. Sindar had wondered who had succeeded Seidrik, follishly thinking his brother would have. Of course not, he is a monk. Not a ruler. Perhaps Aretania needs some new blood to bolster its ranks, Sindar thought. This might be a good time to rejoin the civilization. His scouting adventure had matured him, had been the cradle of his manhood. But one cannot live in a cradle forever.

Sindar moved his fingers to the place where the lioness had tried to claw his heart. Three small black scars remained. This was a bad habit of his.

He set off towards Arkadia.