blid03 - watch your borders

It isn't as bad ... just that can't see how we can hope to win without a stroke of (extreme) luck.

Lost Haithabu first turn ... :huh:

Get it back the next turn:

And lost it for good thereafter :lol:

Meanwhile there has been some pillaging, we lost our iron, cow, rice farms, 2 workers :)splat:), but I repelled all the pillagers with some losses (but not as much as the indians or russians).

That's about it on the war front. I merged the general to a War Elephant.

On diplo, nothing much, except khan came asking us to convert ... and alienate all our buddhist friends? I don't think so! :nono:

Made diplo break with Loius, giving us enough gold to run 100% research for some 20 turns.

I have not revolted ... next player (if there is one) may consider doing so.

Seeing as interest has waned (dangerously, if I may add), I played 21 turns, learning us CoL, and a pair of phants is wandering in India for pillaging (and maybe to catch asoka with his pants down. However, given we can't raze, I don't think we should be capturing any city.

>>> The Save (350AD) <<<

Fox, you're right. The situation seems pretty grim. With the constant attacks, we cannot improve our economy. And our tech rate sucks and we cannot afford more than perhaps two new cities. (Given that we could take some.)

Should we just hold our position and try something desperate, like bee-lining to Military tradition? Though the chances are that the AIs have rifles by then. To be honest, I'm pretty lost at this point. :faint:

Blid, how about pigswill and a roster?

Pigswill, you are welcome to join

Updated roster :
Sooooo
Stuge
GreyFox -> Just played
pigswill -> UP
blid -> On deck

I can't play before tuesday night, so I set you UP pigswill

We are 2 turns from getting a great scientist in the capital and popping taoism. We should hire back a scientist. Philo can help us recover a bit on the technological front. I agree we should try to survive and consolidate, if we can't hurt Asoka then we should sign peace with him when he asks for reasonable price (right now, he asks for a city !!) and go after weaker Hatty

Got it. Had a look. We're one turn from a GS. Looks like we've got CoL, Med and Maths which iirc sets us up for philosophy sling. Taoism is not yet founded. Possibilities of trade.

Seems like no-one else is a big cat fan.

:badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :mad: :mad:

Sorry chaps. Machine's playing up. Gonna hafta take it to the garage to be fixed. Consider me skipped.

Man, this game is cursed.
I'm having computer problems myself. Hopefully, I will get around them tomorrow and take this

Who said hitting the computer doesn't work? :goodjob:

Managed to play fifteen turns without losing a city or any units (except one unprotected worker :smoke: ); did lose some tiles to pillagers. Didn't keep a completely detailed log but here are some selected lowlights:

Start of set; 2 scientists in Nidaros to get GS in one turn.

365ad.
Philosophy. Taoism founded in Uppsala.
Confucianism spreads to Samarkand.

380ad.
Indian HA pillages ivory, killed by spear.
Taoist missionary converts Apache.
Trade philosophy to Isabella for feudalism +140G.
Trade philosophy+drama to Hats for MC +580G.
Only crap deals from Gus and Louis (no CS; compass for philosophy+800G,no thanks).

395ad.
Revolt to vassalage. Anarchy! (but only one turn I'm afraid).
Can't build phant in elephantine but can build longbow; other cities start building longbows in sympathy.
Whip worker in Samarkand.

Whipped worker wiped by HA who dies.
Hats has traded philosophy to Louis for CS. Trade philosophy to Gus for 300G.

Rest of the set consisted of Asoka sending pillagers, us killing pillagers (lost couple of farms in the process). Ivory has been reconnected. I recalled the phants to help in the defences. Towards the end of the set CG2longbows started appearing in our cities. Cash has enabled us to run 100&#37; research, now 8 turns from CS. I did consider swopping to NSR to boost culture but decided to stay in buddhism tho it would be nice to have it in more than one city. Theatres may be easiest way to boost culture.
Catherine has not sent a single unit our way. Is this good or bad? She wants Apache for peace.
Asoka still wants Uppsala for peace.
Kublai has converted to confucianism.
Cath has converted to hinduism.
Hatty has captured barb city to our north.

Demographics

Power

Save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/90414/blid-03_AD-0575.CivWarlordsSave

Well, I didn't hit my computer but I have a working partition now

Got it

I started by switching the capital to a cat. We need those and we have enough defenders.

It didn't upset Isabella, so we're good. We should stay in buddhism because we need those friendly guys here

I begged Louis to war against Cathy but it didn't work. We should have used philo for that with Louis I think

Don't think Samarqand needs a theatre. I switch it to a forge

I take this deal. Don't think we'll have a chance like this anytime soon

Asoka is sending horse archers through Alexandria to Uppsala. I killed a bunch of them

I whipped a granary in Elephantine. It was growing slowly anyway and egyptian culture is progressing dangerously

Once CS was in, I switched off research to upgrade a couple axes

After finishing the cat in capital, I whipped another and put the overflow into a worker

Nice Augustus offered us literature. How kind of him

I sent an army against Haithabu which was defended by 6 units !!!!

I lost a cat then lost a phant and a berserker at >70% chance. Couldn't take the city first turn.
I took it next round and set our units to heal

I was thinking I was surviving then saw that Cathy is sending an army at us and the most annoying thing is that Asoka sent 4 HAs
AI just builds too much units. I got a road pillaged which was linking our capital.
I lost a longbow at 20% chance and a couple HA killed my spear defending capital road, the first one retreating and the second one winning on some unfavourable odds
I think it's time to call it a loss. I can't see a way for us to overcome this. Seems like I'm bound to loose in my SGs with odd numbers :p

Here's the save

If we're going to lose (pretty durned likely) better to go out with a bang than a whimper, whip everything and go down fighting.

Yes, get together all the forces we can and aim for Delhi. No playing this out just for the sake of playing.

Great, my only concern with continuing this game was to force players into a game they don't want to keep going (I already had 2 dropouts). So let's keep it up

Lol, we're making 1 beaker per turn or something crazy. Only have 3 workers, and I lose 2 of them in the first few turns to pesky horse archers.

Lol we're so dead:

Make peace with Catherine. A billion knights arrive. Make our last stand at Uppsala.

Redeclare on Cathy in a hope to finish this quickly. Then expire.

Going down with our colours flying... the stuff of legends.

I didn't think we'll actually finish the game :p
Getting his ass kicked sometimes is good. Next time, I'll think carefully before setting variants on emperor

Top Bottom