[BNW] France OCC - Emperor - fast wins?

Just one on T199. Almost didn't make it because the Maya were the only cultural threat and on the opposite side of the map. Turn 0 save is attached if anyone wants to give it a shot. I'm sure a better player could shave off 10 or more turns!

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

Build order: Scout, Worker until Shrine, Shrine, Finish Worker, Great Library, Temple of Artemis, Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Hanging Gardens, Writer's Guild, Parthenon. Bought stoneworks when I had enough cash, followed by a granary and then a stable. Stole a workers from Ghandi and Valetta.

Took Stone Circles pantheon, then Tithe, Religious Community and faith from world wonders. Reformed with Holy Orders and Swords into Ploughshares. Spread my missionaries everywhere, pushed through world religion on first voting round.

My tech path was Writing, Masonry, Animal Husbandry, Archery, Drama and Poetry for free, then straight to Mathematics. Theology before Civil Service, then Education and Architecture, and on to Printing Press. Into Industrial via Scientific Theory, then back to Astronomy so I could get my Musicians to the Maya before T200. Entered modern by using Oxford on Radio. I planted my first 3 scientists and burned the 4th on Scientific Theory. The first came around T110, before I even had Education, because of Great Library points. I believe I took a GS from Pisa and planted him as well. Fun game!

The save was made with all DLC enabled, even the scrambled map packs.

Attachments

• France_Emperor_OCC.Civ5Save
    533.8 KB · Views: 101
Thats pretty good!

Want to try Immortal and see if you can get a 250? Of course GL is probably not an option.

Just one on T199. Almost didn't make it because the Maya were the only cultural threat and on the opposite side of the map. Turn 0 save is attached if anyone wants to give it a shot. I'm sure a better player could shave off 10 or more turns!

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

Build order: Scout, Worker until Shrine, Shrine, Finish Worker, Great Library, Temple of Artemis, Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Hanging Gardens, Writer's Guild, Parthenon. Bought stoneworks when I had enough cash, followed by a granary and then a stable. Stole a workers from Ghandi and Valetta.

Took Stone Circles pantheon, then Tithe, Religious Community and faith from world wonders. Reformed with Holy Orders and Swords into Ploughshares. Spread my missionaries everywhere, pushed through world religion on first voting round.

My tech path was Writing, Masonry, Animal Husbandry, Archery, Drama and Poetry for free, then straight to Mathematics. Theology before Civil Service, then Education and Architecture, and on to Printing Press. Into Industrial via Scientific Theory, then back to Astronomy so I could get my Musicians to the Maya before T200. Entered modern by using Oxford on Radio. I planted my first 3 scientists and burned the 4th on Scientific Theory. The first came around T110, before I even had Education, because of Great Library points. I believe I took a GS from Pisa and planted him as well. Fun game!

The save was made with all DLC enabled, even the scrambled map packs.
Nicely done! Sounds pretty similar to my strategy, but with a lot better faith/religion. 5 stone/marble certainly doesn't hurt!

I knew someone would beat me to it :)

Nicely done! Sounds pretty similar to my strategy, but with a lot better faith/religion. 5 stone/marble certainly doesn't hurt!

I knew someone would beat me to it :)

Yea, this was a pretty strong start for OCC. Only 1 workable luxury, but that doesn't matter. I'll try Immortal later, but you need a good early religion with enough faith to convert your neighbors, and a bit of luck ensuring that no one near you founds a religion as well. I'll probably spend a good bit of time rerolling starts, I think desert would give the best chances, as Artemis and Petra are on the way to Hanging Gardens.

Someone should try a self imposed Immortal OCC on the France GOTM we had a few months ago. That was pretty much the ideal start. Too bad we all know the map.

Thats pretty good!

Want to try Immortal and see if you can get a 250? Of course GL is probably not an option.

T235. Immortal was much easier, more time to get musicians out.

Built Artemis, Mausoleum and Stonehenge instead of Hanging Gardens and the Library. Garden went on T55. Same religious setup as before. Stole two workers, but built a monument as I got unlucky with ruins. Initial save below if anyone is interested.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• France_Immortal_OCC.Civ5Save
    499.3 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom