Bonuses Based On City Produced In - Lost On Upgrading?

jsurpless

Warlord
If I have a barracks or stable when I train a unit, is the 25% bonus to XP stay with the unit when i upgrade?

Asking because playing with a mod that gives bonus if produced in a city with a Holy Site... I see that I have that bonus but then when I upgrade, it's no longer with the unit?

I believe this is just an initial XP boost when a unit is built.

If I have a barracks or stable when I train a unit, is the 25% bonus to XP stay with the unit when i upgrade?

Asking because playing with a mod that gives bonus if produced in a city with a Holy Site... I see that I have that bonus but then when I upgrade, it's no longer with the unit?

Oh hey, yes I am actually intrigued by this?

I believe this is just an initial XP boost when a unit is built.

There's two types. The Barracks don't give a flat experience modifier, they instead modify the amount of XP you get from battles, so a 20% increase would yield on some speeds +1 XP

It was observed (because my mod uses Holy Site and uses the City Trained in collection) that the modifier disappears when a unit is upgraded (likeli because the game no longer considers the unit to be part of a specific city).

Which means that they no longer get said benefit.

So I need to find out if the same applies to Barracks.

Oh hey, yes I am actually intrigued by this?

There's two types. The Barracks don't give a flat experience modifier, they instead modify the amount of XP you get from battles, so a 20% increase would yield on some speeds +1 XP

It was observed (because my mod uses Holy Site and uses the City Trained in collection) that the modifier disappears when a unit is upgraded (likeli because the game no longer considers the unit to be part of a specific city).

Which means that they no longer get said benefit.

So I need to find out if the same applies to Barracks.

Good to know!

Thanks for your effort, TheMarshmallowBear!

Top Bottom