Boot camp problems

mbbcam

King
I just thought I would let people know that I've been trying to run Civ 6 on a new iMac 27in (bought about five months ago) with Boot Camp running Windows 10. Civ keeps on crashing. The screen goes black, though the cursor is still visible, and the sound can be heard in the background. I suspect that it is just a question of finding the right settings (I did start out at max screen resolution). I will keep on taking it down to lower settings and see what happens.

Did you get it to work? I've been running the game on a late 2015 Retina iMac on BC with Win 10 all weekend without a single glitch on almost top settings.

Hello
Try to kill the shadows in the advanced graphics settings.
I have the same problem with my iMac AMD 395, it's probably driver related.
Since I killed the shadows the black screen problem has disappeared.
Waiting for Apple / AMD to make grimson work properly with Windows / Bootcamp.
Hoping for a Mac Version to arrive soon.

Thanks, that's interesting. I assumed it was probably a problem with driving the big screen. I tried cutting the resolution in half and setting the CPU and Graphics sliders to minimum and that seemed to help, though I wasn't able to experiment for long with those settings. I would be nice to have a proper Mac version, though. Windows is horrible.

I haven't had any problems with the Mac version since it came out, but I found Boot Camp was fine with the right settings, and according to some people the game actually runs faster under Windows and Boot Camp. I imagine a lot will depend on your hardware.

Top Bottom