Team 1 Player Vet
Team 2 Player Vet
Team 3 Player Vet
Team 4 Player Vet
Team 1 Player Newbie
Team 2 Player Newbie
Team 3 Player Newbie
Team 4 Player Newbie

The problem with this though would be game play order may be slow due to timezones...

I may be motivated to finish it, if we get a group of players that want to play it.

MAIN FEATURES OF THE MAP:

1) Balanced starting position for all 8 players

2) Some chokepoints on the map (narrow point with hills and forest)

3) Furthermore the most and best resources in the center

4) Spread all other resources across the map:
some northern resoruces (e.g. fur, deer), some southern resources (banana, win etc.), some eastern and some western.
>>> Then you have reason for war and trade.

5) Make sure everybody has copper in the start.

6) Put a large barb city in the center, with some developed improvements (copper, horse and iron). (optional)

7) Make land / sea crossing (like an "X", give these rivers). Then all rivers are connected and all lands are connected.
These can be crossed by sea forces if one posesses the fortress at this location.

8) Place some little islands with crucial resources in the rivers to make sea war also interesting.

9) Make land at some points one tile wide (so by building a fort somebody can go from one body of water to the other.

10) Make it a visually appealing map

11) Name points of interest for increased immersion.

12) Increase level of interaction between players by making landbridges. This allows for naval or land invasions, or both

13) Make map wrap both from north-to-south and from east-to-west (again increased interaction and more possibilities)

Pitboss doesn't work for me, I tend to play my turns in my games all over the place, including sometimes at work :)p) when the conditions are ideal. I might not always have the ability to log in to Pitboss and that would actually slow me down, which would slow down the game overall.

I suggest based the turn order on timezones to maximize speed (maybe a full rotation every 2 days / 4 players per day?) and dont worry about the team order. Everyone gets their turn and once we are down a few rotations no one really notices who is "first" or "second" etc.

I think the bigger issue is selecting teams. Maybe let the newbies select who they'd like!

edit: Also, I'd be fine with using Calanth's map, sounds very interesting...

I do not know any of you well enough to make a good decision. I have just started in one of Nighthawk's game and I know that Eclipse is in that game. KiwiTT is in a couple that I am playing in and I do not think I know Calanthian.

I am leaning toward asking Nighthawk to be my teammate, but truly I have no idea what the best match up would be.

I do not know any of you well enough to make a good decision. I have just started in one of Nighthawk's game and I know that Eclipse is in that game. KiwiTT is in a couple that I am playing in and I do not think I know Calanthian.
Same here:)

I would like to team up with Calanthian as we are in the same timezone so it would be easier to drop a pm asking for advice.

I think it's a GREAT idea to match up Vets with Newbies, even though IMO Newbies aren't really Newbies, that is if they've played the game against AIs and do ok, maybe you are a veteran and don't realize it. The main deference between humans and AIs is we are not bound to AI attitudes toward another player which allows us greater flexibilty. I we can be very unpredictable and then so can a high level AI with all of those bonuses :eek:

If this is the 8-Quilizer map I suggest playing Leaders whose traits lean towards War rather than anything else, you will need to secure the next better resource and hold it, so maybe Protective Leaders might work.

If this is the 8-Qualizer map I suggest playing Leaders whose traits lean towards War rather than anything else, you will need to secure the next better resource and hold it, so maybe Protective Leaders might work.

I shall look into it, excellent suggestion.
Furthermore we could make the newbies Nobles and the vets Princes ..

I shall look into it, excellent suggestion.
Furthermore we could make the newbies Nobles and the vets Princes ..

Ah but I they are truly new to this and the idea is to share experience they should learn at our level. It would be difficult for me to describe shield yields production planning and multipliers etc if they are on a different level

I'm ok with everyone playing on the same level.

First newbie question here, please:
Being in one team suggests sharing techs, bpt, wrs, city visibility and eventually victory, right? what else is done together and what separately?

The map is almost finished.

Here's the teaser..

The map is somewhat circular around a center which has the most goodies.
Each player is around this center. Teammates are placed apart from each other.

I have to know which civs to give to each player & which teams we have.
Furthermore we have to decide if we make the map public or not. Would be best I think.

I'm in. I don't really care who I'm teamed up with, I don't know either of their abilities. I suppose Eclipse would work, since I see we're in the same timezone (-5 gmt). For the most part, I'm usually available after 8:30pm, but my work schedule is rather wonky at times so that will have to play by ear.

I'm in. I don't really care who I'm teamed up with, I don't know either of their abilities. I suppose Eclipse would work, since I see we're in the same timezone (-5 gmt). For the most part, I'm usually available after 8:30pm, but my work schedule is rather wonky at times so that will have to play by ear.

I gladly accept :D. I play the same time slot as you,

Top Bottom