Bootcamp Game?

Then the teams are finalized, IF Osbiath calls in:

Gpcii / Nighthawk
Kokturk / Calanthian GMT +1
Methinkso / Eclipse GMT -5
Kiwitt / Osbiath

Shall we allow each player to choose his civ?
The map allows for each type of civ to be succesfull, also the naval ones.

Alright, Eclipse, let's kick some butt! ;-)

As far as choosing a Civ and leader, are we playing with unrestricted leaders and is it just first come first serve, or is there a system setup for this kind of thing? If I can just choose whatever, I'll take Saladin of the Carthiginian Empire.

If I can choose - Me - Roosevelt (USA), Osbiath - Churchill (UK)

Teammembers will be placed as follows:

Teams are:
* Team 1: A and F
* Team 2: B and D
* Team 3: C and H
* Team 4: E and G

It is up to one of you guys which team gets assigned what positions.

And remember the map wraps around in all directions.

This is a better

* Team 2: B and G
* Team 4: D and E

As it allows teams to be easily connected via the world wrap

OK!

Curious no one asked what the small letters mean :) >>>

Thousands of years ago, each of the eight noble houses has sworn a holy oath to the Ancient Emperor of Calanthe,
that their house would protect one of the eight castles which guard the entrances
towards the ancient, bountifull, center of the Calanthian empire.
The castle guard of each castle has sworn to defend it's castle and to never attack.

This is a better

I would think that would put Team 4 at a disadvantage since both team members would be pincered by Team 1 for player D and Team 3 for player E, with a lot of difficulty for providing backup to one another.

I can't see the map here while im at work, the firewall blocks it, but I will check it out tonight for team GP-Hawk to start discussing strategems. I have already sent an email for the good guys to start prepping for this game. It's a great idea, whoever came up with it, and I fully expect both sides, vets and "newbies" alike will learn a lot from this game! Just the fact that both players will be able to openly communicate all their secrets without worry about a backstab means a lot of information will be exchanged!

That being said, I think a big discussion point is tech trading.

Typically, multiplayer games have tech trading disabled, since it allows for teching agreements which means a couple players can team up and gang up on the "better players" and beat them with superior technology... which is sorta frowned upon unofficially.

But on the other hand, in a team game, obviously its in the best interests for a team to be able to openly share techs.

But on a third hand, its been my experience in a team game that the balance of the civ game itself gets messed up when you can effectively double your tech rate through the team, not to mention if 2 teams elect to have a master teching agreement for any period of time.

But on a fourth hand... what good is a team game if you can't share everything?

Its worth a debate at least, along with other settings that may normally be on/off that should be considered for a team game. How will it work with team-to-team interactions? Is this an "always war" type game, other than within the teams? What are our victory conditions? All of these things need to be considered to make proper civ selections.

Yea kick butt!!! Let's do email it's easier for me on my smartphone, it's my username @gmail.com

Alright, Eclipse, let's kick some butt! ;-)

As far as choosing a Civ and leader, are we playing with unrestricted leaders and is it just first come first serve, or is there a system setup for this kind of thing? If I can just choose whatever, I'll take Saladin of the Carthiginian Empire.

The Handsome and colorful Celts for me please

On tech: trading & brokering off
still both players of each team do their teching together. (that is standard)
I would advise against exchange of techs between teams.

On always war: no!
There are a lot of area's where diplomacy may add a lot to the game, especially on this map.

Barbs: yes
Goodie huts: no
Unrestricted leaders: if you guys want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitt
This is a better

I would think that would put Team 4 at a disadvantage since both team members would be pincered by Team 1 for player D and Team 3 for player E, with a lot of difficulty for providing backup to one another.

You are right. I think my initial drawing of the teams was indeed better. As it solves the pincer problem.
Teams are:
* Team 2: B and D
* Team 4: E and G

Hmmm ... Good point

Team 1: A and G
Team 2: C and D
Team 3: H and B
Team 4: F and E

This way each team has a corner and a side and no advantages

I suggest A,C,H,F are for the Vets and G, D, B, E for the newies

In addition each team can connect to each other diagonally

Hmmm ... Good point

Team 1: A and G
Team 2: C and D
Team 3: H and B
Team 4: F and E

This way each team has a corner and a side and no advantages

I suggest A,C,H,F are for the Vets and G, D, B, E for the newies

I like the sound of this setup, although I'm good with Calanthian's original team setup too.

Kiwitt: there are no corners and sides.. the map wraps around in all directions..

Although this one may work too, but then I have to change around the castles..
by the way let's dub this variant The Horse Jump variant (chess)

Top Bottom