Boreum 500AD

Where to build?

• A: Build MD NE NE NE filler

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • A: Don't build MD NE NE NE filler

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • B: Build two island cities

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • B: Build three island cities (one per fish, with filler)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • B: build 4 island cities (one per fish, no filler)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C: build a city at A

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • C: build a city at B

• C: build a city at C

• C: build a city at D

• C: build a city at E

• C: build a city at F

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • C: build a city at G

• C: build a city at H

• C: build a city at I

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • D: Finish settlers

• D: change some of the 5 settlers to [Specify in post]

• E: Build mostly: Military

• E: Build mostly: Caravans

• E: Build mostly: City improvements

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • E: Build mostly: Mixture of the above

• Total voters

Dell19

Take a break
After the event of the previous turn, not much has happened this time :) OP has been rebuilt and we now have 5 settlers in production. So thats two or three settlers for the island and then one for the MD NE NE NE city.

We need to decide on a settling plan for the island and what we are going to build next.

If you can't read the picture (rushed abit) West row is A, B , C, D the next row is E, F and the East row is G, H, I. Remember that the fish to the east of East Island may be used by a city on another island if we discover land nearby.

Attachments

• island.jpg
    island.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 106
I'd like to see two cities, D and G. D being the main city:) IIRC that was the original plan. This means we skip the fish to the NE:)

Remember to vote as well since its only showing 1 vote each for D and G.

Duke, I prefer Dell19's picture to yours this time. I voted:
To build MD NE NE NE,
3 Island cities D, then G I, also called WS WN WE.
Finish Settlers: MD, Mord, OP. Neuma Caravan in 11, then Settler after that. Not sure about Eboracum.
Then build mostly caravans. MD 1 Settler, found NE NE NE, then Grow.

Don't feel lonely, Duke, I hate overlap, too. Which is why
I voted for F.

On what to build next: I prefer a mixture of settlers and military.
Settlers to found new cities, this won't hurt as the settlers produced now will found a city pretty soon once they've been ferried to their island so no city will have to support 2 settlers. Further on I would like to build a crusader here for barbarian/AI killing when we don't have enough money to bribe.

I'm in favour of building 3 cities on the island but only build the east one when we know for sure the fish can't be used by another city on a yet undiscovered continent to the east or north of these fish.

I would like one great city at A, and fillers at I & D to get the fish.
I can live without the mainland filler in this setup.

I see the MD NE NE NE "Filler" is barely in the lead. It is not fair to call this city a Filler. It utilizes 4 prime squares NE of Marl Downs, and will suffer very low corruption. 3 Green, one Forest, plenty of ocean, a Fish, this city will be immediately productive. Also, this city can utilize a Fish to quickly grow, and not torture the city plan for Wheat Island.

It is a very important city, long overdue, perhaps our very next city. Well, Fruit City, of course.

Also, I now think one Dip is sailing soon, and Ebor is the best choice to complete the replacement Diplomat.

I do agree about the MD NE NE NE filler and generally there has been quite alot of support for it and the island is likely to have overlap because of its shape...

I think the result of this poll is clear on the current issue: finish the settlers. Unless $much is spent on IPRB, the first one finishes in 9 turns, perhaps 2 playing rounds away. There is plenty of time to determine where the cities should be built (although perhaps some consensus already).

Top Bottom